Dr. Katherine A Marshall Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Katherine A Marshall?

Insensitive and Rude

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Marshall. Since I was changing another medication that would cause birth control pills to be ineffective, I went to her to insert an IUD. She downgraded how painful this process would be. I have a history of endometriosis and not trusting my doctors (since it went undiagnosed for many years). The IUD gave me intolerable amounts of pain, cramping, and bleeding. She refused to prescribe me any painkillers above a high dose of motrin. If any female has ever experienced endometriosis pain, you know that motrin doesn't cut it. She also downplayed the amount of pain that I was in and tried to persuade me not to take it out. Finally, I demanded that she take it out and during the process, it was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. She said, "You're just anxious", as I was screaming in pain. Again, I pleaded for pain medication and she gave me tylenol. I was in so much pain I couldn't even walk to the bus stop to get home. My husband had to come get me. My only positive experience was with Sonja who held my hand and comforted me while I was going through this. Later on, I ran out of refills on my birth control pills. She REFUSED to give me more refills until I went to go see her again. She knew my history of endometriosis, and knows that it could come back if I don't have my birth control pills. She's out of control with her bedside "manner" and has no compassion. I would highly suggest you find another OB/GYN.

Rude but, good

I have been dealing with a history of family issues. I am willing to try methods of treatment that were not available for my mother and my older female relatives. I simply asked what would need to take place in case the new method of treatment did not work. I was asked why I was so negative. I was appalled that she questioned my emotional standing. There is literally 75 years worth of medical history that I am trying to live with. I was not being negative. I was being realistic. She was being rude. I trust her experience, but her attitude was very disturbing.

She has been the best OBGYN Dr. I ever had

Dr. Marshall and Sonia are both phenomenal!