Dr. Katherine Roberts Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Katherine Roberts?

Posted on December 14th, 2015

I am so grateful to have found Dr. Roberts. I am going all the way from Newport News, VA to be her patient because she and her staff have been a lifesaver to me. I have Graves Disease and Celiacs. No one had diagnosed the Celiac disease but as soon as she saw my lab report she pinpointed that problem. I had believed this to be the case. She's not warm and fuzzy, but she is very professional and takes a great deal of time with you. She's a good communicator, which to me is very much more important than anything else. She called me at home, herself, when she saw a lab report she was concerned about. Not her staff, but her.

Posted on November 6th, 2015

awesome doctor

professional

Posted on July 23rd, 2015

I have been to many doctors over the past 15 years due to Hashimotos, as well as, infertility issues. What I have learned is that life is to short and precious to stick with a doctor that will leave you feeling worse then when you came in to see them. I am an engineer, so I want to know the facts, I do my research, and am prepared for whatever a doctor's medical opinion is regardless of whether I agree with them or not. But anyone who has written in with a positive word about this doctor is either ignorant or related to the doctor in some way. By far this was the worst experience I ever had with any doctor. I excused my self and walked out after 5 minutes with her. Abused is the word that comes to mind when I remember how I felt when I left. Reported her to the medical board and my referring family doctor. But after 7 years I see she is still in practice. Amazing that anyone would pay to see this doctor. Did not even want to rate with one star. Doesn't deserve it.

Have seen many Endo Drs. in my life and she is the BEST

Posted on December 19th, 2014

I have had a thyroid condition since I was a child (now in my 30's) and have seen MANY doctors through the years for it. Most doctors simply looked at my labs for a second and sent me on my way. Dr. Roberts was the first doctor to ever explain more about my disease to me, keep a careful eye on my levels throughout pregnancy, and her staff is the BEST I have encountered. They are never rude and short with me like the office I used to go to in Newport News was. At all of my previous doctors, when I would call for anything at all, using the best manners possibly, I was literally talked to like I was completely annoying them. I also repeatedly (for years!) had trouble actually getting them on the phone. Dr. Robert's staff has gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and is always available when I call. I can say the same for Dr. Roberts herself. She has honestly always been kind to me and knows her stuff!

HORRIBLE-WORST EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD- WILL NEVER RECOMMEND

Posted on October 22nd, 2014

I do not know where to begin to comment on this entire horrible experience with this "Dr" or her office staff. I have been to several doctors in my lifetime but I have NEVER experienced the curt, anger, frustration to tears that I experienced from this doctor- and that was all from her. She expressed her frustration with patients thinking that doctors have "the magic wand". I could not believe how she was acting right there in the office. I left there feeling like I was in the twilight zone. I have been in much more pressured places and have received excellent customer service experience in spite of. This doctor could have handled the situation in so many different ways that would not have prompted such a horrible review. For bedside manner, please see doctors in Newport News. There is one that I have been referred to that has excellent customer service skills that I should have gone to in the first place. I will never forget this experience and not in a good way.

what?

Posted on October 9th, 2014

It is hard to describe the feeling I had when I spoke to this doctor. She does come across like she has an attitude about anything she doesn't agree with. I also thought she was going to walk out of the office before explaining any plans for what we were going to do next. I feel she is in no hurry to find a diagnosis and I the appointment left me with more ???? about what's going on with me.

Dr. Roberts

Posted on June 6th, 2014

Dr. Roberts has been treating me for several years. I haven't experienced any of the issues stated in these negative reviews. i will continue to seek her care.

Look elsewhere for a good endo

Posted on November 13th, 2013

Terrible bedside manner, condescending, moody, disrespectful...I could go on. Her motive is obviously money because she treats her patients horribly. I have never had such an awful experience with a doctor in my life! Don't give her another dime! Go the short drive to Newport News and find yourself another doctor.

Diamond in the rough

Posted on April 25th, 2013

I saw Dr. Roberts because she is one of the few endocrinologists in the area. My first appointment was disastrous ...which is how I found this website. I never had such a bad experience with a doctor and wanted to see what other people had experienced. She was rude and self-important, talking to me as if I were a not-too-bright child. However, I felt stuck because I needed a doctor to treat my thyroid condition, and my options were so limited. So I continued to see Dr. Roberts...and I am glad I did. I truly don't think she understands how overbearing she can appear; she knows her stuff and is willing to look at the big picture to help me improve my health. I love her staff...they go the extra mile. As I have continued to be her patient, we have developed a good working relationship, and I have seen her much nicer personality emerge. She really is a caring person. I encourage anyone to go into the first appointment knowing the gruff demeanor you may see at first is not the only side. She can be off putting, but she will be a valuable partner in improving your health--and isn't that the most important thing?

Posted on July 19th, 2012

Dr. Roberts for me...is Great...she may not be everyone's cup of tea...but instead of the negative notes here; be a little more considerate. I have had to leave Drs. before; personality or office staff issues..doesn't mean they are bad Drs. Dr. Roberts puts it in front of you take or leave it..I would (assume) most people don't want to hear the truth and remember you are in charge of your health the Dr. is your partner...Thank You Kathryn Roberts for getting my health back on track...we're a good team.

No NonSense Dr

Posted on November 21st, 2011

Dr Roberts is straight forward and if you don't care about your health don't waste her time. She doesn't sugar coat things. I appreciate her honesty.

Wow...really?

Posted on July 27th, 2011

I wished I had found this website sooner; it would have saved 4 hours of sick leave and my dignity. I have to say that I have been to numerous doctors in my life and this is the first time I thought I would start crying in front of one. I may not have MD behind my name, but if I come to you to solve a problem I don't expect to be treated like a 3 year old. Your bedside manner and your lack of social skills leave a lot to be desired. You might be the only Endocrinologist in Williamsburg; BUT I can guarantee that I will travel a great distance before I ever PAY YOU again for your services.