Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott
Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Andover, MA, with other offices in Chestnut Hill, MA and Haverhill, MA (and 1 other location). She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. She speaks English.
Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott has 4 locations
451 Andover St Ste 195
North Andover, MA 01845
290 Merrimack St
Lawrence, MA 01843
Book Online Now
Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott has the following 13 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
No bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott - Posted on July 18th, 2013
20 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Wright State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
More about Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott
Dr. Ruiz-Mellott graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and earned her medical degree from the University of Illinois, Chicago. She did her psychiatric Residency and a clinical research Fellowship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles and earned a Masters Degree in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health. She was an Attending Psychiatrist at Cambridge Health Alliance and an Instructor at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Ruiz-Mellott is an active community psychiatrist who performs assessments and psychiatric consultations as part of a local emergency services program and is a consultant at a day treatment program for those with severe and persistent mental illness. Dr. Ruiz-Mellott is Board Certified in Psychiatry.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Katherine G Ruiz-Mellott is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Andover, MA.