Dr. Katherine Herring Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Katherine Herring?

Sunshine

Posted on September 7th, 2016

She listens ! I can understand her when she is speaking to me. She does not use all medical words I do not understand. She is soft spoken and gives a good exam.

Posted on March 9th, 2016

Dr. Herring has been my physician for many years; she is also a friend. She listens when you talk to her and explains things in a way that is easy to understand. When she refers you to a specialist, she makes sure they are in your insurance plan first. I was a nurse many years ago and I admire and respect the way she manages her practice.

Refuses to keep appointments

Posted on August 9th, 2013

Even if you are the 1st patient of the day-prepare to wait in the waiting room for at least 30 minutes

WIll NOT keep appointments

Posted on May 21st, 2013

I was the 1st patient of the day and STILL was in the waiting room 25 minutes after my appointment. I quit the office!

good care in a small town

Posted on April 7th, 2011

I have seen this doctor since Dr. DeWitt retired - after seeing him for 30 years, as did my parents...I always get my questions answered. I can always give my input & she will listen.Staff is generally nice & attentive. It is a small town & good workers are very hard to find locally. (I was also raised here).She has no problem sending me to a specialist when it is needed. I found my own surgeon & she is working with him on my case.IF you want a specialist, go to a specialist. Otherwise, this doctor is good, caring & nice to have locally.

Unprofessional

Posted on March 25th, 2011

Dr. Herring has a very credible degree from The University of Texas and during my first appointment I felt as if she was the "one" because everything from waiting minimal time in the lobby to a very personal appointment to excellent help from her office staff blinded me into thinking that, but every visit since then has been rough. I've never written a bad review about anyone or any store ever before because honestly I've never been that wronged, but Dr. Herring and her staff have just left me in awe. Ever since that first visit, I've been treated like a burden. The best way I can describe this behavior is a condescending tone and being cut off constantly during conversation with her. I take a very high dose of levothyroxine everyday for an under active thyroid, which without it, makes my quality of life severely miserable. So I have to see her about four times a year, maximum, to get bloodwork done. In the last three month prescription I was given, I had missed four days of my dose sporadically across the time period. The new doctor that I have now informed me that this "mistake" is standard for a human being. She lowered my script to a one month supply so "I could learn to take my medicine correctly." - her words. I attend college at Texas A&M University and have been taking this medicine since I was sixteen; I'm now twenty four. I've tried on several occasions to explain to her how excessively inconvenient and actinide it is for me to drive almost seven hours round trip every month to pay for extra visits that entail her writing the prescription and nothing else. Now, my school schedule is pretty rigorous and I have scholarships plus a GPR to maintain so I'm usually limited to the first appointment of the day, but almost every time I have wait in the parking lot anywhere from fifteen to twenty minutes for the nurses to show up late and open the place up. You would assume that they would hustle because they're late but they casually stroll into the building and take they're time opening. Then I sit waiting in the lobby for 45 minutes, on average, and I'm usually the only one. On what was unknown to me at the time my last visit, I tried to inquire about these problems without being rude and was met with very unprofessional language and hostility. I was stunned at her responses and left before things got out of control. The next week I received a letter from her office terminating my medical care.

Terrible Office and Far too long a wait for appointments

Posted on May 19th, 2010

I used to go to this clinic but when I wanted to get a renewal on my prescription they said the first possible appointment was a month away...seriously a month. I would be dead or over anything short of a cancer in a whole month! Plus a few years ago I had an inflamed tonsils and they miss-diagnosed it several times. I had to go to a specialist to get a correct diagnosis. Terrible office, I do not recommend.

Posted on October 24th, 2017