Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katherine Cole
Dr. Katherine Cole, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Lees Summit, MO. She has 10 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Cole is affiliated with Saint Luke's South Hospital, Anderson County Hospital and St. Luke's East Lee's Summit Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Katherine Cole has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Katherine Cole has the following 14 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Katherine Cole has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Katherine Cole is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I really need an appt fast. I got 3 months later and she seemed fine. But then I was very depressed still and suicidal and she set me up for an appointment for 2 months later. I waited 2 more months! I was still depressed, she knew this, and this is how it has continued. Do you think I should be in there more often???! I do.
Dr. Cole is truly the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. She is very thorough in her workups, and caught that I have a thyroid disorder which was causing my depression. I cannot thank her enough,k I finally have my life back! I have referred many friends and family to see her and they all love her as well!
Dr. Cole is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Luke's South Hospital
Anderson County Hospital
St. Luke's East Lee's Summit Hospital
VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians
10 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Katherine Cole accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsST LUKES MEDICAL GROUP, 20 NE Saint Lukes Blvd, Lees Summit, MO
Dr. Katherine Cole is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lees Summit, MO.