Dr. Kathleen Fitzgerald Is this you?

Should have left her years before I did!

Dr. Fitzgerald, like another reviewer said, is fine for routine care - and that's it!! I went to her for years and dealt with her cursory manner (ie, hand on doorknob as you're trying to ask questions) as she was conveniently located and I had no problems. Once I started to experience some gyno difficulties everything went down the drain, from finding out that I supposedly needed a hysterectomy by her medical assistant (she would not even get on the phone!!) to dealing with her arrogant attitude and limited knowledge base (also told by other docs that I later consulted that she has very limited surgical skills). I ditched her practice after 10 years and found excellent specialists that thought outside the box and gave my much better personalized surgical options than a total hysterectomy. A very minimally interested doctor who doesn't really care about you. BEWARE!!!

Love her!

She is straightforward, knowledgeable, skilled and easy to talk to. My experiences with her were wonderful. I moved to Colorado and have seriously considered going back to Providence for my checkups! My surgery went like a dream and I trust her absolutely.

Not good for surgery!

If you need surgery with her keep in mind her bedside manner is awful. I had surgery. She did not even check on me in recovery or give a telephone call to check on me after surgery. The only person that actually cared was the hospital I had the procedure at. She also did not even discuss my endometriosis with me that she happened to find while I was having surgery. She is good for routine visits as long as you have no problems. If a problem arises, I would strongly recommend going to see a specialist. I wish I had gotten a second opinion. BTW- I went in for surgery for a routine removal of a 1" cyst and she wound up having my whole ovary removed. I was not even notified by her that she took my ovary. The nurses in recovery had to tell me. This is absolutely disgraceful from a doctor. She should definitely learn to inform her patients.