Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathleen G Funk has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I came into the emergency with some unusual sensations in my chest. I did not have the garden variety symtoms of someone having a heart problem. No sweating, radiating pains, numbness, shortness of breath, etc. I have always been healthy, active, average weight and ate reasonably smart. However, I was feeling anxious about this odd feeling I had but did not think it was my heart. She did not patronize me or try to hurry me out the door, but was very polite, showed real concern and spent time with me. In the end she said I had better spend the night and they would keep an eye on me and have a stress test the following day. Her decision to err on the side of caution proved to be well founded. I had a 90% blockage in one artery and 60% in two smaller ones. I have since had coronary angioplasty on the 90%. There was no damage to the heart muscle and I am feeling much better. I owe a debt of gratitude to Dr. Funk as do the rest of the members of my family for her willingness to go the extra mile for her patient.
26 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Kathleen G Funk accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthside Hospital-Atlanta, 1000 Johnson Ferry Rd, Atlanta, GA
Dr. Kathleen G Funk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.