Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathleen E Gallaher
Dr. Kathleen E Gallaher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Villa Park, CA. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Gallaher is affiliated with Anaheim Global Medical Center and Chapman Global Medical Center. Dr. Gallaher has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathleen E Gallaher has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Weight Loss
- Cholesterol Management
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 23
1. I had to go to urgent care after being treated by Dr. Warner (in Gallaher's office). When the urgent care physician saw the condition I was in she told me I had "an awful doctor". There are so many choices out there, and I did not realize how much I was putting up with needlessly until I received this Doctor's professional opinion. 2. When I saw Dr. Gallaher, she was always looking for what was not there. Sometimes, Dr. Gallaher just seemed to be mean. Other times, it seemed like if she would have listened to my symptoms, and why I was there, she may have been able to help me. Here are some instances: - She mentioned "cancer"... "no one gets cancer on my watch", I think is how she phrased it. Cancer was not a concern in my instance. - One time after lifting her stethoscope off my chest in a routine exam, she muttered under her breath something about my heart..."What? My heart? What is wrong with my heart?" She shrugged..."people live with it". I still do not know what she said about a heart defect. No other doctor has every mentioned this to me before or since (I am middle-aged). - She mentioned "COPD" although I was not symptomatic, nor did I have tests substantiating this concern, nor was I being treated for COPD. - She mentioned thyroid conditions and how she had diagnosed someone in her office with a thyroid condition and no other doctor had found it. I was then tested, and I did not have a thyroid condition. - One time, she mentioned I was "40 lbs overweight". I am 5 foot 4 inches tall, weighed approximately 132 at the time, and had a baby. She provided no reasoning or guidance, or weight control suggestions. I have not been back to this office since the urgent care incident. Time to move on. Hope this was helpful for you. Good luck in your search.
I have been into this office several times over the last few years. I have been seen twice by Dr. Gallaher and once by the other physician in the office, Dr. Warner. Both appear to be extremely competent, very caring and I would recommend this small practice for anyone's Primary Healthcare Physician's choice.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2010, 2016, 2012, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gallaher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Kathleen E Gallaher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKathleen Emilie Gallaher Md, 17871 Santiago Blvd Ste 206, Villa Park, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kathleen E Gallaher in this video.
Dr. Kathleen E Gallaher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Villa Park, CA.