Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathleen M Grizzard has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kathleen M Grizzard has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 45
Most awful appointment I ever experienced. Was referred to her by another physician to possibly rule out a very serious medical problem. She asked me questions only to interrupt me on my first sentence. She had a very rushed demeanor. Told me that I should see an endocrinologist to have my thyroid tested to which I opened a file with my most recent thyroid labs. She immediately said with a rude tone. I don't have time to go through all of these. You'll have to reschedule. First of all, I was just getting one lab report to show her my "in question " thyroid results. She then said I have another new patient at 11:30. She has now been with me 5 minutes and it is about 11:25. I said how much time do you spend with a new patient and she replies. ..30 minutes. I knew that at that point this doctor was not about to spend any amount of time without rushing me or continuously interrupting me to find do out what was wrong with me. I know how doctors offices should run as my husband is a physician and truly cares about each and everyone of his patients. I had done my homework and had all my information with my symptoms etc. ready for her to see that would have helped her with a diagnosis. She just didn't care enough to take a even a few minutes to go through the information and say this is what I recommend. So I closed my manilla folder and calmy told her that we were done and proceeded to leave her office. Her office staff was instructed by me to not bill me or my insurance to which they said...oh don't worry we won't. PS when i initally called to make the appointment, her office staff said she didn't have anything available for 8 weeks. I called a second time telling them that I really needed to be seen sooner and they said no.. then all of the sudden they found a spot for me within the next week. Then the day before my appointment they called to see if I wanted to switch because they had 2 more spots available. After seeing this doctor, one can only wonder how these openings became so readily available.
Dr. Grizzard is helpful, smart, and resourceful. She helped me find the right medications for my psoriatic arthritis and I hope she never retires.
As indicated by some of the other reviews, Dr. Grizzard is a no-nonsense kind of person. I think she's a great physician, but she isn't touchy-feely, as someone else mentioned, which is fine with me. I don't want my internist to be my therapist...just give me the best advice possible and l can make decisions based on that advice...with input, of course, from the doctor. I've been seeing her about 6 years, and have no desire to change to another doctor.
Dr. Grizzard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Kathleen M Grizzard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsW W G Inc, 4108 Henderson Blvd, Tampa, FL
Dr. Kathleen M Grizzard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tampa, FL.