Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathleen L Haggerty
Dr. Kathleen L Haggerty, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakeland, FL. She has 33 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Haggerty is affiliated with Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Dr. Haggerty has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathleen L Haggerty has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kathleen L Haggerty has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Kathleen L Haggerty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I have been seeing Dr. Haggerty for about 12 years. She is very knowledgeable about nutrition and fitness. However, I have had medical conditions in which she told me I had nothing wrong and refused to send me for testing. Her solution was to give me a perscription for depression. I was NOT depressed. I had to be diagnosed elsewhere. My annual physical lasted about 3 minutes and she did not even do bloodwork, although I am on a daily perscription which affects my kidneys. However, I was charged for a complete physical. I will never go back again.
Always helpful. Can even be reached at home in emergency. Very thorough exams. Has a half practice she shares with her husband but spends about 7 hours per day at the Watson Clinic so she can spend more time with each patient. Very supportive and knowledgeable. Willing to listen to patients ideas about health issues. Best physician I have had in 50 years as an adult.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Haggerty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Jackson Health System
Dr. Kathleen L Haggerty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWatson Clinic Llp, 1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd, Lakeland, FL
Dr. Kathleen L Haggerty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakeland, FL.