Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Kathleen Kieran has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Urology
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Kathleen Kieran has the following 9 expertise
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
Showing 3 of 10
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathleen Kieran - Posted on February 5th, 2013
Dr. Kieran is very straight forward and concise. She doesn't mess around. She flat out told us our daughter should have been better by that time, if she was going to get better on her own, and that surgery was the best option. We put our daughter through the awful VCUG again just to make sure she still had a problem. Sure enough she did, and had gotten worse. We immediately opted for the surgery. Dr. Kieran did a fantastic job. Any time we have concerns we call and someone always calls back quickly, sometimes more than once to recheck on us. Her partners are awesome and call evenings and weekends just to check up on how we're doing.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathleen Kieran - Posted on August 31st, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathleen Kieran - Posted on May 11th, 2011
Dr. Kieran was very good with my son during his surgery. It can take some time to get an appointment, but once you are there, things go very smoothly. Dr. Kieran is very direct but wants you to be an educated patient, so she spends a lot of time explaining the problem and the different ways to treat it. She responds quickly to phone calls and emails and never makes me feel like I am bothering her.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Kathleen Kieran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Whole Health Providence Swedish WA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera NW PHYS Network: Personal Care
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Evergreen Health Partners
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Kathleen Kieran
Urology as a specialty is largely about quality of life. Its about making your patients lives better every day.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kathleen Kieran is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Seattle, WA.