Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathleen Lake has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 5 of 9
We have been with Dr. Lake for 16 years. We love her! She's always listens to our concerns and has NEVER been wrong when treating our girls. I noticed that the wait time to see her has been rated as long in other reviews. I would say if they feel that way it's because she never rushes through a visit. Her concern is more for the patients and we love that about her.
My daughter has been coming to Dr. Lake since she was 2 and she will be 15 in August! Dr. Lake is the most caring, compassionate doctor I know. I appreciate the time she takes to answer all of my questions and as my daughter has grown older she has spent time talking to her about teenage and family concerns that most doctors don't take the time to do, She's the best!!
Dr. Lake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Medical Center
23 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Kathleen Lake accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions301 N 8th St, Springfield, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kathleen Lake in this video.
Dr. Kathleen Lake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, IL.