Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathleen A Mchale
Dr. Kathleen A Mchale, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Annandale, VA. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Mchale is affiliated with Inova Alexandria Hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathleen A Mchale has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Kathleen A Mchale has the following 19 expertise
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Kathleen A Mchale is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 72
Visited this doctor 3 times and all my visits have lasted over 1 hour wait times. My last visit was the most horrible when we waited close to 2 hours. The office did not switch their air conditioning on inspire of having people wait in the lobby on a day when the temp was 92F. People were complaint and laughing at the service and while most complained some left midway including us. Horrible experience considering we had a 6 month old with us.
Dr. McHale is a no nonsense highly professional practitioner. She will not push for a surgery if the problem can be solved in another manner. She spends time to ask questions, explain, reassure as well as providing accurate diagnostic every time I visited as a patient or for my children. Surgery was always a success.
My son and I were in time for his 12:10 appt. At 12:40 we were finally taken back to the exam room - where we waited & waited. At 1:10 (an hour past our appt. time) I asked the front desk if they knew when we would be seen. The receptionist said she would check but never gave us an update. My son was a current patient of Commonwealth Orthopedics & had X rays & an MRI in their office. We we referred "in house" to McHale as a pediatric Orthopedist with Commonwealth to discuss the MRI. At 2 PM, almost 2 hours late and with no apology, she finally sees us yet has NO idea why we are there. She had not even opened my son's file to review the report from the radiologist. I will NEVER see this doctor again as she clearly had no regard for the time she kept us waiting.
Dr McHale has done 2 surgeries on my daughter and getting ready to do one for me. I had been to 2 other doctors prior and they couldn't tell me what was wrong with my daughter until I saw her. She told me what was wrong, fixed it and showed me the pictures to prove what she was saying post op. I have been VERY impressed with her. She works around the clock and very hard at what she does. I have been very happy with her and the majority of her staff I LOVE!
Dr. Mchale is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Kathleen A Mchale accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kathleen A Mchale in this video.
Dr. Kathleen A Mchale is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.