Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathleen A Oriel
Dr. Kathleen A Oriel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Madison, WI, with other offices in Madison, WI and Madison, WI . She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Oriel is affiliated with Mendota Mental Health Institute and UW Hospital & Clinics. Dr. Oriel has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathleen A Oriel has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Dr. Oriel is highly professional and caring. She has spent time on different sides of many issues, including how I may be affected by a degenerative neurological disorder that is genetically based. She took the care and time to explain how I could learn more and gave me lots of informationa and a referral. It was also difficult for me to leave my previous physician, with whom I had been with for many years prior. She made the transition to UW seamless and smooth! She could not be a more empathetic and intellegent practitioner--two qualities I highly value!
I have been very fortunate to have been a patient of Doctor Oriels for a little over two years now. It would not be an overstatement to say that she is, by far, the Doctor that has been of the most help to me with any and all of my health concerns. She has always been very present in all of our appointments, and not hesitated to give me the time I need. I feel, for the first time in many years of struggling with health issues, that Doctor Oriel has gotten me on a path that might actually restore my health to some decent level. Were any friends or family of mine ever searching for a doctor that knows their stuff and truly cares for their patients, I would strongly recommend Doctor Oriel.
Dr. Oriel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Kathleen A Oriel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kathleen A Oriel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madison, WI.