Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathrine E Avison
Dr. Kathrine E Avison, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Portland, OR. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Avison is affiliated with Providence Milwaukie Hospital, Providence St Vincent Medical Center and Legacy Mount Hood Medical Center. Dr. Avison has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Kathrine E Avison has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kathrine E Avison has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 3 of 14
Can't believeone of the reviewers and I went to the same doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathrine E Avison - Posted on January 30th, 2015
I am a long time patient of Dr Avison. I have always been treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. She is direct, but I like that. She is concerned about getting to the bottom of a problem and will go out of her way to do so. She ALWAYS follows up, unlike other docs I see. She always seems concerned about me and my health and is easy to talk to. Her staff, especially her assistant, Katerina, make you feel welcome and cared for. She is the only doc I have that gets to prescription refills within the hour.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathrine E Avison - Posted on March 12th, 2014
I have been going to Dr. Avison for about 20 years and have always found her to be a prompt, friendly and concerned provider. Her staff are warm and welcoming and put me at ease. Dr. Avison has been proactive with her care and pragmatic in her approach. I gladly recommend her to anyone seeking a primary care physician.
Arrogant and overbearing
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kathrine E Avison - Posted on November 15th, 2009
As per my own experience, Dr Avison is arrogant and overbearing. She talked over me almost every time I attempted to speak. She jumped to conclusions and blew off the medical issues I tried to bring up for discussion. She is domineering and controlling. In my opinion, this is a doctor with zero personality or bedside manner. When I told her my symptoms, she went so far as to say "I don't believe you." I can say without hesitation she is the worst doctor I have ever seen. As per my experience, she was mean and just did not care. I have since been diagnosed with obstructive and central sleep apnea, diabetes, and Sjogren's Syndrome, but not by her because she never wanted to hear anything I had to say about how I felt. Her constant retort was: "That doesn't mean a thing."
On-Time Doctor Award (2018, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Avison is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Providence Medical Center
Dr. Kathrine E Avison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAVISON & STEARNS MDS, 5050 NE Hoyt St Ste 469, Portland, OR
Dr. Kathrine E Avison is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Portland, OR.