Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathryn N Hester has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 20
Dr Hester is, indeed, direct. Some people can't deal with that, and that is their loss. She is an excellent Rheumatilogist and diagnostician. She cares about her patients, and easing their pain. She's compassionate, and had called me at home several times to discuss something. Her staff is knowledgable, and works hard to settle insurance problems. I've seen other doctors, and Dr Hester is "the one". Go for it!
I can truly give Dr Hester with ease a five STAR rating. The staff and Dr Hester show their kindness . After 2 decades of treatment - i guess I plateau is my meds. With this change my health decline. After months of sever pain I decided to change DR'S . She is caring not only to your health but also the financial side (COST OF MEDS). Her staff searched the different ways they help me lower the cost without lowering my health. I told Dr Hester that I am feeling better than i had in months- Dr.Hester told me she does not want me to feel better but GREAT. Also one last note, the different in my health was noted by my Bank's C. Card. Yes, Bank - they saw more outdoor monetary activities rather then purchases online. Great Doctor.
16 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Kathryn N Hester accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKathryn Naus Hester Md, 1001 N Waldrop Dr Ste 601, Arlington, TX
Dr. Kathryn N Hester is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, TX.