Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathryn M Kirpan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kathryn M Kirpan has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Kathryn M Kirpan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
Dr. Kirpan is the best diagnostician on Staten Island. She spends a great deal of time with each patient. Of course, this means that you wait a long time to see her. Most of the time, people just accept the wait, knowing that they will be well taken care of. There is no patient that I know of who has ever seen Dr. Kirpan who will go to anyone else. They know quality when they see it and are willing to wait their turn. I have not been very happy when the staff tried to tell me which doctor I should see when I knew I needed to go for a recommendation, however. They are putting themselves in the place of the doctor, and I don't appreciate it. Just bring a good book or your Kindle.
First off, Her knew office is on Seguine ave in Staten Island, no longer Alverson Loop. I tried to make an appointment at the alverson loop address and no answer, no service, nothing. I now do a search on the internet to find she has moved. Well, no letter, no call. Call this other office on Seguine Ave and found her now there. Make an appointment because I need my medication as I am diabetic. Even more mad now. I intend to let her know how I feel. Well, I have an appointment at 11:30 am. She strolls in at 1:00 pm and now Im angry. My time is precious as well. Office should of let me know by calling me or telling me when I walked in. Now its 2:30 pm and still waiting. Now I've had it and I walk out. No courtesy for her patience and she does not give care Her nurse is down right nasty as well. I give Richmond Primary Care an F overall. Do yourself a favor, find another doctor who will care. Horrible experience and a waste of my time.
Dr. Kirpan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Pomorska Akademia Medyczna
Graduated in 1981
Staten Island University Hospital
Dr. Kathryn M Kirpan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRichmond Primary Care Specialist Pc, 305 Seguine Ave, Staten Island, NY
Dr. Kathryn M Kirpan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staten Island, NY.