Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathryn S Mize has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
I love her husband who also practices out of this office. But Mrs. Dr. Mize is just not a very personable human being. She always acts like it is a bother to have to see your child. She told us we were just imagining our child's symptoms. He ended up having pneumonia. She refused to give him medicine for the cough and green slime running out of his nose until we finally begged. Ended up going to a different doctor and they hospitalized my child for pnuemonia.
This woman has no business in any profession where she is required to deal with people. She has absolutely no personality whatsoever and on top of that she is down right rude. From the time she entered the room I felt like I was just annoying her. When I tried to ask a question she kept interrupting me. When I continued after the interruption she blatantly looked at her watch, and asked if she could just proceed with my daughter's physical. The impression I got was that she didn't care about the health of my daughter, period. She was just going through the motions (and her little checklist) and didn't want to be bothered with questions. If you value the health of your child, I would suggest that you just skip over this quack! I will never take my daughter back.
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Kathryn S Mize accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMize & Mize Mds, 1225 13th Ave SE, Decatur, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kathryn S Mize in this video.
Dr. Kathryn S Mize is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, AL.