Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathryn K Najafi-Tagol
Dr. Kathryn K Najafi-Tagol, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Rafael, CA. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Najafi-Tagol is affiliated with Novato Community Hospital, VacaValley Hospital and Marin General Hospital. Dr. Najafi-Tagol has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathryn K Najafi-Tagol has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I took my old father to dr. Najafi to have his eyes examined for cataract, and i was so pleased with the degree of care, attention to my father particular issues. My father has become very difficult to deal with , but Dr. Najafi attended to his every need and concern with kindness and extra care. The operation was done successfully by Dr. Najafi and the post operation visits all went really well. My father has been very happy ever since with his vision and always says nice things about his experience with Dr. Najafi. So i felt i need to share this with all those who are looking to select a doctor to care for them or their loved ones. We highly recommend her.
I have known Dr. Najafi for many years as a patient and I also have referred many of my family members to her. She did my cataract surgery and I have to say that I am very happy with my vision. For the first time in my life I can see clearly with out my thick glasses and it is all because of Dr. Najafi. She is very kind and caring and would recommend her to any one who needs a good ophthalmologist.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Najafi-Tagol is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Kathryn K Najafi-Tagol accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Western Health Advantage
- Western Health Advantage
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKathryn Katayoun Najafi-Tagol Md, 4000 Civic Center Dr Ste 210B, San Rafael, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kathryn K Najafi-Tagol in this video.
Dr. Kathryn K Najafi-Tagol is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Rafael, CA.