Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kathryn A Ross has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kathryn A Ross has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Kathryn A Ross has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 44
Very helpful and professional and office staff is great!
It was very difficult to connect with Dr. Ross. She is only interested in her own agenda and not open to any alternative suggestions. Very condescending. When she is ready to end the appointment, she simply leaves the room without telling you the appointment is over. I called the office (staff very unfriendly) for follow up and neither her nurse nor she called me back. When she finally did call, two weeks later, she actually told me "I am spending too much time with you, find another doctor". Unbelievable she is still in practice.
I have been a patient for roughly 20 years. There was never a time during office visits/procedures where I felt there was a genuine interest in making sure I had the best care possible. Dr. Ross never made a personal connection with me. I am nor ever was a patient who would pursue Dr . Ross for follow up care with my concerns. During one procedure I was left with incredible pain for weeks. Dr. Ross never addressed this even after I called and asked about it. Her office staff assured me it was normal. My father and sister both died of colon cancer in their early 60's.
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. At first, Dr. Ross was helpful and knowledgeable, unfortunately the office staff damages her reputation. I attempted 4 times to speak with the office staff and Dr. Ross. Neither Dr. Ross, nor the office staff ever return my calls. I would have seen Dr. Ross again, but because they never got back to me, I was unable to make any follow-up appointments with her.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
39 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Kathryn A Ross accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Alliance Of Newport, 901 Dover Dr Ste 122, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kathryn A Ross in this video.
Dr. Kathryn A Ross is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.