Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Kathy J Jenkins
Dr. Kathy J Jenkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. She has 32 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Jenkins is affiliated with Baystate Medical Center, Metrowest Medical Center - Framingham Union Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathy J Jenkins has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Kathy J Jenkins has the following 16 expertise
- Vitamin E Deficiency
- Heart Transplantation
- Percutaneous Arterial Septic Defect (ASD) Closure
- Pathologic Constriction
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Animal Muscular Dystrophy
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Heart Catheterization
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
Dr. Kathy J Jenkins has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kathy J Jenkins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 5
I have been a long-time patient of Dr. Jenkins, having first gone to her at a very young age when she was the best in the country at what she does. And I will admit that after more than a decade of seeing her up to 4 times a year, there are few who match her skills clinically. I will also admit that after more than a decade as her patient, I have been worn thin. While she is a brilliant doctor and has done research that has changed and saved many lives including my own, I do not think I can handle another office visit with her. For years I have tolerated apathy, callousness, and an unwillingness (perhaps even an inability) to understand me as a person instead of just a malfunctioning heart or series of numbers. As a child I accepted it as part of the overall unpleasant experience of going to see my cardiologist, but as an adult I realize that the weeks of anxiety leading up to and following each appointment is not normal or acceptable, and am in the process of transferring to an adult cardiologist. I refuse to believe that in the 10+ years since I first began seeing Dr. Jenkins someone has not come along to match her skill and outshine her bedside manor. If you have the opportunity, I strongly suggest seeking that person out. P.S. Terry, the nurse practitioner that works with her has been nothing but charming, kind, and understanding for as long as I've been seeing Dr. Jenkins. This review is not at all reflective of her, and if possible I would continue seeing Terry independently.
Dr. Jenkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Kathy J Jenkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBoston Childrens Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kathy J Jenkins, MD - Pediatrics in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Kathy J Jenkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.