Dr. Kathy Karamlou Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kathy Karamlou?

Posted on June 13th, 2017

Dr. Karamlou is fantastic. I have been fortunate to have her as my specialist for over 10+ years. I have found her to be very detailed, patient driven, caring and REAL. The patient to her is the most important person to her and it shows. Her staff follows her footsteps. Always friendly andconsiderate.

Posted on March 31st, 2016

I changed my rheumatologist after 25 years with my previous doctor. So far I am no sorry at all. Dr. Karamlou has a great bedside manner and spent almost an hour with me on my first appointment. I am looking forward to having her as my doctor for years to come.

Posted on January 7th, 2016

She is an incredibly thorough diagnostician. She is also kind, caring and she follows up with her patients. My experience has been very positive. The only problem is that it took several months to get my initial appointment with her. I suppose it is because she is an amazing doctor. After my first appointment, it was very easy to schedule follow up appointments.

Blessed to meet Dr Karamlou

Posted on May 24th, 2015

Thank you Dr Katamlou for diagnosing me. I was very concerned, you spend south time helping me. I also appreciate the wonderful office staff.

Posted on May 24th, 2015

I was very scared when I discussed my condition with Dr karamlou. Her calm demeanor put me at ease. She is kind, caring and considerate. I am so grateful to her.

Misdiagnosed

Posted on April 19th, 2015

I came in with a tentative fibro diagnosis from my PCP. She had a high opinion of Dr. Karamlou and I was hopeful as I was really sick. She was not a great listener and interrupted me frequently. I told her several times that exercise (her main emphasis for fibro) was making me feel worse, but she blew me off. She finally told me she couldn't help me, implying that it was likely psychological. Luckily the next doctor diagnosed me properly ( adrenal insufficiency). All doctors make mistakes sometimes, and I would not hold it against her if she hadn't made me feel like there is no such thing as a condition that is made worse by activity. Doctors who stereotype or judge their patients rather than listening miss important details, as do doctors so focused on their specialties that they never consider the rest of the body.

Great Doc

Posted on November 7th, 2012

Great doc. Have to agree with other patients. A little hard to get an appointment, but she is worth the wait.

As a new patient not worth the long wait for an appt. the staff will on you.

Posted on May 7th, 2012

Don't wait the months for an appt. which may be canceled on you at the last moment!

Nortiz

Posted on April 25th, 2012

Love Dr. Karamlou. She took the time to talk to me and hear about my symptonsand did comprehensive examination. Also, educated me on how to take care of my condition. Excellent!

Topnotch Dr.

Posted on November 8th, 2011

I first went to see Dr. Kathy because my GP Dr. said that the Prednisone my old Rheumatologist had me on was not good for me and that I should seek a 2nd opinion. He gave me a name, and I called to get an appointment, but that Dr. wasn't taking any new patients, but the staff said that there was a new Dr. sharing the office, would I like to see her instead. I said sure. From the first visit Dr. Kathy (at that time, a very young gal who was just starting out in private practice) said "We need to get you off Prednisone and get you onto newer much more effective drugs that are available... That was years ago, Dr. Kathy is great. She strikes just the right balance of keeping a good Dr. \ patient relationship, and I highly recommend her. My only grump is with getting appointments, and sometime the length of waiting but shes a busy gal. Her office staff is always helpful and friendly.

Brilliant Rheumatologist

Posted on October 4th, 2011

Absolutely worth the wait to get a first visit if you are able to do so. Dr. Karamlou is an awesome Rheumatologist and Internal Medicine physician. She takes whatever time your office visit needs. She calls a patient after receiving test results and returns patient calls promptly. Communication is incredibly better than most doctors. She also communicates as needed with any of your other physicians and copies them as appropriate. Incredible.

Best Rheumatologist I have found

Posted on September 8th, 2011

I went through many Rheumatologist before i found Dr. Karamlou. She is a great doctor.