Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kathylynn C Pietak
Dr. Kathylynn C Pietak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY. She has 27 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Pietak is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Medical Center. Dr. Pietak has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kathylynn C Pietak has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Pietak herself is very nice. However, she is only in the office Tuesday & Thursday until noon and reschedules appointments a lot. Rest of staff is okay. Typical time in waiting room is an hour - way too long in my opinion. I waited that long for a simple blood pressure check once - when I still had not been called, I left, as the check would have been pointless. Last appointment I scheduled with an FNP & asked for med refills to be sent to Medco. FNP decided to send them instead to a pharmacy which doesn't work with Medco & would have cost me 10 times as much. Once I got that straightened out & had the refills, I left the practice.
She's only in the office 2 days a week and those are usually only half days. One of the nurses that she works with is downright rude and condescending. They seem to be concerned more about office policy and their rules then they are about a patient's comfort level. It is impossible to speak to a nurse or the doctor if you call the office, their automatic phone system takes you through a myriad of "push 1 for.." before you can even leave a message. None of which gives you the option to leave a message for the doctor.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2012, 2011, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Pietak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Kathylynn C Pietak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAmherst Medical Associates, 6000 N Bailey Ave Ste 1D, Buffalo, NY
Dr. Kathylynn C Pietak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.