Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Katia Ascher
Dr. Katia Ascher, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronx, NY. She has 38 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ascher is affiliated with Montefiore Medical CenterJack D Weiler Hosp Of A Einstein College Div, Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division and Montefiore Medical Center. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Katia Ascher has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.<br>A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Katia Ascher has the following 8 expertise
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
Dr. Katia Ascher is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
pratice made perfect
Self-verified patient of Dr. Katia Ascher - Posted on February 25th, 2010
Dr. Ascher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Montefiore Medical CenterJack D Weiler Hosp Of A Einstein College Div
Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Montefiore Medical Center
NY Westchester Square Medical Center
38 Years Experience
Universidade Federal Do Estado Do Rio De Janeiro (Unirio)
Graduated in 1975
Our Lady Of Mercy Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsFiras Lutfi Barakat MD, 1578 Williamsbridge Rd, Bronx, NY
Dr. Katia Ascher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.