Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Katie F Farah has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Katie F Farah has the following 14 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Abdominal Pain
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Dr. Katie F Farah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
HAD COLONOSCOPY DONE/TOOK HER AN HOUR TO COME TO RECOVERY TO TELL ME HERFINDINGD. I HSF DOME POLYPS, WHICH SHE REMOVED. SHE ALSO FOUND A LIPOMA BUT DID NOT BIOPSY IT...AND SHOULD HAVE ACCORDING TO A COLON SURGEON WHO I FOLLOWED UP WITH. SHE ALSO DID NOT DO MARKINGS ON THE LIPOMA, WHICH ALSO WOULD HAVE BEEN HELPFUL TO THE SURGEON. SHE SENT ME TO GET MRI WITH CONTRAST, AND NEVER FOLLOWED UP ON THAT FOR ONE MONTH. HER AND HER NURSE ARE EXTREMELY HARD TO GET AHOLD OF.ASKED NURSE WHY SO LONG BEFORE CALLING ME WITH RESULTS, SHE SAID THAT THE DR WAS VERY BUSY. WOW!!! WHAT A REVELATION. BUT THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY EASY ENOUGH, NOTHING IN RETURN..POOR SERVICE TO THE PATIENT WITHOUT REGARD TO THE STRESS THAT WAITING FOR RESULTS DOES TO PEOPLE. FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!!
After being diagnosed with SIBO Dr. Farah lost interest in my case. It was hard to get appointments. I was having other symptoms that were drastically making my life hard. Everytime I ate I was feeling extremely sick and couldn't there for eat while I was at work. In had an endoscopy and it took over two weeks after the results were back for her to even look at my test and get back to me. I called her nurse Many of times and was told the doctor hadn't looked at my results yet...two weeks later. Then because I had to call off a few days because I was so sick from just eating normal foods and asked for an excuse she told me in a email that my symptoms were common and that she sees no way that these symptoms have effected my daily life. I can no longer eat while at work and can no longer work out to any effect and my doctor seems to have cast me off. Very upset with this doctor and will be taking my case to another one.
Dr. Farah has impressive credentials. That was my first consideration when picking a doctor. But her bedside manner put her way above other doctors. I was so terrified of my procedures. She explained everything calmly and answered every question I had. She is extremely thorough, kind, and yet very professional. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
19 Years Experience
George Washington University School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Katie F Farah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Katie F Farah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.