2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kayvan N Kamali?

Wish there was an option for NO STARS. Horrible doctor

I went to this doctor for over 12 years beginning in 2005. At the time he was the only rheaumy in Longview and he had just built his tacky monstrosity of a building/practice with its marble tile, palm trees, fountains and chandeliers. At first his clinic was clean and very professional. After the years have gone by it has gotten worse and much more crowded and inundated with patients. You could tell that the word had gotten out that he would give out narcotics (and lots of them) to anyone who drug up from the street and who might be an opioid abuser. In 2015, 10 years of being a patient at his clinic, I went to Dr. Kamali with new symptoms and he ignored them. I was running fever and had other concerning issues but he and his PA's would hear none of it. The way he behaved was his diagnosis was right and he wasn't budging. No new testing or an open mind to my illness possibly progressing or that I might have other things going on than what he initially might have thought. I went for a second opinion and sure enough the whole time I was seeing Dr. Kamali I was being treated for something I didn't have. I know now that what I have is much worse than Fibromyalgia in that is causes major issues with my spine that can lead to deformities but he refused to listen. I could have been treated correctly with the right meds sooner and stopped the progression of this debilitating disease that I have if he would have just listened! He believes he knows all and you shouldn't question his judgement. A GOOD doctor is open to changes and realizes that the human body sometimes reacts or changes over time but Dr. Kamali is anything but a good doctor. So fast forward to 2017 (12 years of being a patient of Dr. Kamali) I had gotten a second opinion and new diagnosis from a different doctor. I had a follow up appt with Dr. Kamaili and was at the office when Vickie called me into her office. She said that Dr. Kamali was refusing to see me any longer because they said I broke the opioid contract. For one...I had been a patient for twelve years at this point and had NEVER called in a refill before it was time and ALMOST ALWAYS had several pills left over. I was and I am NOT a druggie. I am in chronic debilitating pain but I know how to be safe and deal with my chronic pain in a responsible way. I have always been accountable where my medicine is concerned. So how was I to have broken the contract? Long story short Dr Kamali was upset that I had gotten a second opinion. So what happened next was almost too much to bear. Low and behold my latest urine test came back showing I had supposedly taken some other drug and not the narcotic he had prescribed!!! I was humiliated and falsely accused. I can tell you without a benefit of a doubt that I did NOT take any medication except what was prescribed and that the test was manipulated to show otherwise. I honestly believe it was intentional and malicious on the part of the staff. I guess I should have seen it coming but I naively expected to be treated in a professional manner but sadly I was not. I had refused to see or listen to other patient complaints about Dr. Kamali and believed he wouldn't treat me like he treated other patients. I mean, we had a 12 year doctor/patient relationship at this time! I had built trust with him and I thought it was mutual. I was so wrong. Dr. Kamalis Ego, Pride and Arrogance won. The very last time I gave a urine specimen I remember thinking it was odd that there was already a specimen cup with someone else name in the silver shelf. It literally made me sick to my stomach to think that anyone would accuse me of lying about medication. I keep thinking how I should have refused to give a specimen while there was one already on the shelf. I kick myself all the time because I wasn't more vigilant. I had done everything that was required of me and was a good patient. The cherry on top is he is rude and mean to his staff and he cannot keep good employees. The turn over rate in that office is crazy! One visit you will see an employee and the next visit they are gone. Patients are being run thru like cattle while the doctor is giving patients the wrong diagnosis and ignoring patients concerns. Be very wary of this doctor and his practice. This doctor is not in the business of healing as much as he is in the business of making a whole lotta money. I now have this test showing up and following me around when I am completely and unequivocally innocent of their silly and totally false breach of contract. Do yourself or your family member a favor and get away from this doctor as fast as you can!

Very competent doctor

Iā€™m quite confused by these negative reviews!!

Very satisfied

I have been going to Dr. Kimali for many Years now! I admire him because he gets right to the point of your Problem. I drive all the way from Fort Worth! If you expect to be pampered and Babied you need to find another MD.He found my problem, and if you want to find some uncaring MD come here to Fort Worth. Work with uncaring MD's everyday, as I am in the Health care profession. They run in to see the MD,maybe three minutes for their visit, and out they go. Just to make Money. And as far as his Office Staff, they have always treated me with respect. My Sister passed away the first of the Year and Brenda, one of his Employees called me to wish me condolences and you want see are hear of that here in Forth Worth, believe me.

Poor Ouality

His office staff are rude & unprofessional ! I quit using him today ! Never returned phonecalls !

Disappointed

I have been Dr Kamali's patient since 2009. I believe he is knowledgeable even though he is not real personable. My complaint is not that. Over the years I have gone in for an appointment every three months. At this appointment my labs are quickly reviewed and I am asked if I need refills. Then changed a office visit. I have asked questions many times but they are brushed off. I have asked questions about my meds to be told "I have patients that have been on it for years". I simply got tired of the routine and decided to seek out another doctor. When I got a certified letter from the office manager she stated that I was unhappy and they decided to not treat me anymore. What?! That was a total lie. I simply said I did not have a problem with the doctor. I even made him laugh once. I just felt I needed a change. I have had a couple of billing issues but that happens. As a patient you must be proactive in your treatment. If it doesn't feel right shop around.

He is great !

Terrific office staff , cordial ! Dr. Kamali is smart and fixes your problems diligently !

Although I would have much preferred to be seen by the doctor for all my visits I have no complaints about the PA or the NP but the young office staff is very unprofessional and rude at times. The billing office has made numerous mistakes in my payment balance and made the decision to have E. Sloan, a debt collector, to take care of it for them, instead of calling or sending reminders if there were balance due (receipt of my last payment shows " balance paid off" ...what an irony). It is a shame that there is not much of a choice for a rheumatologist in Longview when you have only one within a network covered by insurance. May have to drive to Tyler instead.

I like him. Don't see him often after diagnosis though.

Dr. Kamali is very rude & uncaring. I've been his patient for at least 15 yrs & I've only seen him smile once. Actually I would prefer seeing his PA (which seems to change every few months) than having to deal with him. He talks down to me, doesn't listen, is very rude & arrogant & has No compassion. The man needs to learn some bedside manners..he rushes in & out with no time to address my questions or concerns. Longview needs more Rheumatologists Please!!!

HE NEED TO GO BACK TO HIS COUNTRY.THEY COME DOWN HERE JUST TO MAKE MONEY AND THAT'S ALL.DON'T CARE ABOUT THE PATIENTS WELL BEING OR ANYTHING.IT'S VERY SAD TO SAY BUT IT'S TRUE.

No stars

Dr. Kamali may well be a wonderful Doctor, but I will never know! My doctor referred me to him, and after waiting several weeks for my appointment, because I was at work when his office tried to call me the day before and did not receive the message until I got home, they cancelled my appointment! Did not try to call my cell phone, which my doctor's office assured me they had been given. Not a very pleasant experience. Now I have to wait another month or so to see another doctor.

I've been going to Dr. Kamali for years! I absolutely love it there! Everyone knows me by name and are very hands on!

Dr. Kayvan N Kamali is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Longview, TX.