Dr. Kavita Sabnani-Nagella Is this you?

7 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Kavita Sabnani-Nagella?

Unbelievable & unprofessional!

Posted on November 1st, 2017

Unbelievable & unprofessional! I have been a patient for over 3 years with this practice and I am very frustrated and confused with both their front & back office support! Apparently the front of the house desk staff was collecting the wrong co-payment for half the year. Each time I came for a visit I would ask what it was pertaining to as my insurance information did not chance since 1/1/2017. Each time it was conveyed that they would look into it and follow up with me regarding an immaterial dollar amount that was supposedly owed. However, nothing was every communicated all the way up to July of this year (last visit). I recently requested a refill on 10/31 on a prescription, and was told that it was unable to be filled as my account was placed in collections. This was shocking to me, so I asked to be forwarded to billing and this is where the 3 year relationship with this practice implode. I was greeted by a condescending employee from the billing department named Danny. Who was insulting and patronizing throughout our entire dialogue and failed to offer any explanation or assistance… I was told that after several attempts to collect an outstanding payment I was placed in collection. I expressed that I was never contacted, by their office and/or any collections agency and simply asked what it was in reference too. I was told that nothing can be communicated and that I had to seek out the information from the agency. I asked to talk to the doctor and I was rejected. After calling the collection agency they informed me that they just got my information one day prior and that no attempt to collect was sent out as of yet as I was just placed into collections. So, I confirmed that no one had contacted me in attempt to clarify the matter and collect said funds. I further asked what the dollar amount owed was and was notified that it was for an outstanding balance of $80.00 of which $30.00 was a result of arrears fees. So in summary, for $50.00 this medical practice felt the need to suspend me from their practice, hold me hostage with my prescription refill for a chronic illness I was prescribed and placed me in collections… In addition after further perusing the matter I learned that the $50.00 was due to insufficient funds collected each time I visited their office (4 times in question). Apparently my co-payment was $15.00 opposed to $10.00, however each time I went including up to my last visit in July they still collected only $10.00. Having said that even the math on the $50.00 owed is inaccurate, as the 4 visits variance should have only been $20.00 not $50.00. I called back there office after satisfying dollar amount owed and was told by Kim in billing that the math on their end doesn’t add up either as it should have only been $20.00 not $50.00. Again immaterial for an active patient that has been using them as their family’s primary for the last 3 years. In conclusion, after confirming payment was paid they still refused to refill my prescription as they then stated that I needed to be seen for reevaluation for a treatment that I already was diagnosed for, and to make matters worse, I now had to pay a reinstatement fee of $100.00 because of the matter. I respectfully communicated to have the doctor call me to discuss and to date have not been contacted.

Posted on October 24th, 2017