Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kay Stephens has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I had galbladder surgery about 1996 and she cut a artery going to my liver. She came in the next day and explained what happened. I had to stay an extra day in the hospital to make sure everything was ok. I turned a little gaunice/yellow but appreciated the extra day as I was a single mom with only a 6 yera old to take care of me lol. I also had a mole on my nipple that needed to be removed and the surgeon just told me HE would just remove my entire nipple. I ran to Kay who took care of it without removing my nipple just a small scare. Love her!
dr stephens cut the main bial duct to my liver and in turn my liver started shutting down....she new she did bab and sent me to ucsf to one of only two dr who could repair her damage...I was in the hospital a month and almost died...did dr stephens ever call to say sorry...no...I would never recomend her
Dr. Stephens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Michigan State University
Dr. Kay Stephens accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsKay Stephens Md, 2440 Sister Mary Columba Dr # 1, Red Bluff, CA
Dr. Kay Stephens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Red Bluff, CA.