Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kee D Shin has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Breast Cancer
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Bell's Palsy
- Sports Injuries
- Lipid Disorders
- Urinary Retention
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Kidney Cancer
- Heart Failure
- Intensive Care
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Seizure Disorders
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Spinal Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Preventive Medicine
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Hiatal Hernia
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Respiratory Disorders
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Lyme Disease
- Down Syndrome
- Kidney Biopsy
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Lung Cancer
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Parathyroid Diseases
- Blood Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Smoking Cessation
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Chronic Illness
- Diabetic Foot
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Kee D Shin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKee D Shin Md Sc, 3825 Highland Ave Ste 3D, Downers Grove, IL
Dr. Kee D Shin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downers Grove, IL.