Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Keith W Berkowitz has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Keith W Berkowitz has the following 9 expertise
- Preventive Medicine
- Weight Loss
- Nutritional Support
Dr. Keith W Berkowitz has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Keith W Berkowitz is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
I have been in search of a good internist. I thought I found one.I felt he is trying to find holes in my character and health to sell things to me. He would want me to buy supplements from him which I could get cheaper through the internet. I am not sure he really understands the vitamins and supplements he is recommending. I am really concerned he might be harming someone. He often would not return any information about my results forcing me to have to schedule another visit.
I've been going to Dr. Berkowitz for over ten years and I would not be going the distance I do (over two hours) unless I found him exceptional and exactly what I want my doctor to be. He takes time to talk and explain and evaluate. You never feel rushed or brushed off or neglected. I feel I can turn to Dr. Berkowitz at any time to discuss my health issues and he'll be there for me. I can't say that about a lot of other doctors these days who leave most of this to their assistants or nurses or receptionists.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2014, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
22 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBrummer Surgical Podiatry Pc, 425 Madison Ave Fl 11, New York, NY
Dr. Keith W Berkowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.