Dr. Keith R Brookenthal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Keith R Brookenthal?

Great Dr

Dr. Brookenthal has been seeing my little girl since she was about 3 weeks old and treating her for Bilateral Club feet. He and his staff have always been great throughout the intense processes and the yearly followup visits. Highly recommended!

I am sure Dr. Brookenthal does some things right, but in our case, he based everything on a clinical exam of my child, and never bothered to look at the 2 sets of MRI films that showed a problem with the growth plate in her left leg. He went on to give me a profile about attention-seeking affluent girls, and told me it is in her head. When I asked him to look at her films, he said he didn't need to. He outfitted her in terrible knee braces, ordered PT, and told us to follow-up in 8 weeks for, what he believed, was something that was not real or orthopedic in any way. I think if you need your arm or leg set after a break, he is your guy, but for more serious things, we have gone to UCLA, where they were amazing, and are looking at the growth plate related issue she is having.

LONG wait time, every time

Seems to work well with a teenager. However, waiting for up to two hours in the waiting room, then 1.5-2.5 hours in the exam area is utterly unacceptable. The first visit we thought it was a one-off. But the second and third visits were the same. I have to take an entire day off work to take my kid to see a back doctor?! Insane. For a 6 minute visit. In top of that no validated parking so it's $15 to park to boot. The loss of a day's income to wait for a doc plus parking and the maximum copay? A loss for six minutes of a doctor's expertise. He's a nice guy but that means nothing when it comes to care. The place is packed, standing room only all day long.

I called in the morning to see if I could get my 2year old in after a horrible experience at the hospital radiology dept. they worked me into their sched and warned me there would be a long wait. Let me tell you it was worth the wait!!! Everyone the was great and the doctor outstanding! He had my son laughing and the X-rays they took were done with ease. The tech was gentle unlike the guy at the hospital (who also misdiagnosed him and said nothing was broken!) My son broke his arm and has a cast for 4 weeks. I'm so thankful to have found Dr. Brookenthall!! I never write reviews but he made quite an impression!

Muscular Dystrophy Mom

Dr. Brookenthal can be a "fast talker", which can be intimidating to some. However, he is very, very knowledgable. I had taken my son to countless specialists to determine what was causing his physical delays. Dr. Brookenthal suspected that my son had Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy within 10 minutes. He did not share this with me at the time, but sent me to the correct specialist that could order the correct diagnostic tools. My son does have bone issues, and we have used Dr. Brookental and Dr. Rosansky ever since. Both are very careful with injuries as they know how easy it is for a child to re-injure themselves.

Horrible Office Staff

The office staff in this office are the most discourteous group of people I have ever encountered in a medical setting. Clearly, no one has informed them that they aren't working at the DMV, but at an office that runs by the premiums from the patients being seen there. Dr. Brookenthal is fine, though overbooked. The office wait is 45 minutes and over. But his staff is so bad I won't even return to the office for a follow up.

Inaccurate assessment

Dr. Brookenthal was only interested in continuing to keep my child in a cast and not trying to get to the root of the problem. Eight weeks in a cast for a sprain really. I would not recommend him to anyone .

I have brought two of my kids to Dr. Brookenthal more than once, and would not hesitate to refer him or his office. I do know that sometimes there can be a wait, but to me that indicates that he is spending the necessary time with each patient. At a time when emotions are running high, he and his staff are calming and informative. He is a great doctor with an excellent bedside manner!

Good doctor, but sometimes you will have to wait

Dr. Brookenthal is an excellent doctor, but given the nature of his practice sometimes his schedule runs very late. Try to get appointments first thing in the morning.

mom

Dr. Brookenthal is very knowledgeable about his profession. However, he explains things in a rush and does not allow parents to as question and if he does it's always in a rush. His expertise is dealing with normal kids who may only have light to moderate problems. I'm sure he is an excellent doctor when in comes in fixing broken ankle or arm. However, he lacks the knowledge when it comes in dealing with special children. In my opinion, he feels that children with special needs does not have any potential to improve and feels that they cannot progress to a better individual. He does not listen to your opinion and has negative views with preventive medicine. Nowadays, with health care system is in limbo preventive medicine is the other outlet because in the long run it will save insurance money and lessen the chances of children going thru major surgeries or if surgeries is a must the recovery will be faster. His staff are not friendly or helpful. They don't smile and most of all rude.

Dr. Brookenthal takes his responsibilities very seriously. He is straight forward with his diagnosis and conservative in his approach. His first reaction is to treat a patient with every method possible before resorting to surgery. He presents each situation as objectively as possible and allows the patient to grapple with the situation before making a decision. He is extremely patient and compassionate. I highly recommend him to everyone. He does not treat patients on Medi-Cal any different than other patients.

Dr. Brookenthal is a great doctor.