Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Keith M Clance
Dr. Keith M Clance, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kernersville, NC, with other offices in Greensboro, NC and Greensboro, NC (and 1 other location). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Clance is affiliated with Moses H Cone Memorial Hospital. Dr. Clance has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Keith M Clance has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 19
Keith Clance (in my opinion) is the "Charles Emerson Winchester" (M*A*S*H) of pulmonology. He does not listen to his patients or their primary physicians. After 5 visits I repeatedly found him to be pompous and arrogant while ignoring serious health complaints. He believed that a single PFT was the bible of how my lungs should always function (every minute of every day), thus exacerbating my condition of severe emphysema. He actually became rude and angry when I refused to continue taking his prescribed steroids due to having serious side-effects from them.I have since found a pulmonologist that actually listens to me (instead of himself) and after looking over my CT scans and x-rays, told me that the steroids for COPD (that Clance was prescribing) have proven not to benefit someone with as much lung damage as I have. Clance's notes always differed greatly from the facts of the quick 5-10 minute (in-and-out) visits (with little to no examination given). I now find it impossible to trust any pulmonologist through Lebauer Healthcare after my mis-treatment from Keith Clance.
Dr. Clance is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Medical College Of Virginia Hospital
Dr. Keith M Clance accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Keith M Clance in this video.
Dr. Keith M Clance is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kernersville, NC.