Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Keith S Edwards
Dr. Keith S Edwards, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mount Vernon, NY, with another office in Mount Vernon, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Edwards is affiliated with Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital. Dr. Edwards has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Keith S Edwards has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Keith S Edwards has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 10
Made appt sat waited over 2hours. Reception non apologetic no courtesy what so ever filled out paper work and still asked me about insurance when its on paper and she had cards. Told her she should of said the doctor was running behind than people can be aware. she talk to patient rude. She only works with one Dr you dont know if hes behind or not let people have an option to stay or reschedule. This idiot says i cant tell people what to do i dont know people diagnosis. What does that have to do with you says ladies and gentlemen dr is behind and please be patient may go get something to eat come back in 20 min. She said nothing and just had attitude. Never again will i come back to this office disnt even get to see dr because she disgusted the heck out of me.
I had an 11am scheduled appointment which turned into a 2 1/2 hour wait. I filled out there registration form thoroughly and was called up an hour later and asked which insurance is which. Primary insurance or secondary, It was clearly stated on the form. There was not any customer care explaining the wait period. And apparently she was not aware that the one doctor in the office spends up to a half hour at a time with his patients. So scheduling should have been do in accordance with the number of patients and wait time..... Know your job!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Edwards is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1978
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Keith S Edwards accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Keith S Edwards is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mount Vernon, NY.