Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Keith Ellis has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I have seen Dr. Ellis for many years (probably over 10). Most of my appointments have been physicals (I like being healthy) and only a few over the years with other things that required minor Rx (antibiotics). Those appointments were great and he was pleasant. The latest appointments over the past few years I've noticed his bedside manner lacking (I think he may be slightly moody). The last one, he looked me over (was very quiet) and left the room saying he'd be back. A nurse came in with the Rx and didn't even explain the issue he diagnosed me with. I had to read on mymercy.net what he diagnosed! My issues have not been serious --but I still want a caring provider. He's not showing me that he would be the one I would want as my advocate should something very serious happen with my health. You have to ask yourself that very question when you are healthy. Establish a good relationship with a provider who is going to be your best advocate . So, I am on the search for a better provider.
Dr. Ellis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St John's Regional Health Center
20 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Tn Grad School Of Medicine
Dr. Keith Ellis accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Keith Ellis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MO.