3.9

Have you seen Dr. Keith A Heier?

Ruined my foot!

I had a cyst on the top of my foot; I also had a bunion needing repair. Dr. Heier did surgery to correct both issues. When I went back for my follow-up care, he removed the bandages to discover my big toe pointing straight up! He said it would relax into a normal position "soon." I was 64 years old just before surgery, but went on Medicare before the follow-up appointment. I was told he would not take my insurance, but for $300 an appointment he would agree to continue my care. (He agreed to see me that one time only for my usual co-insurance rate.) Well, long story short, after 6 years the toe is still pointing straight up, and I have developed a very painful area on the ball of my foot where the bone constantly rubs with each step. Stay clear of Dr. Heier, if you want a cure instead of an additional, painful problem.

Too much

I believe he did surgery on my foot that I did not require. I went in for pain on the ball of my foot. Had bunion surgery and two bones shorten. My foot hurts more than before the surgery. My bunion hurts(never did) and the ball of my foot still hurts a year later.

V.P.

I have been seeing Dr. Heier since 2010. He was the only orthopedic physician and surgeon that accurately diagnosed my foot condition. He had to basically rebuild my foot 2 different times (once in 2010 and the other time 2013) and it is finally normal now. I have had 2 other minor foot surgeries since then to shave bone off the bottom of my foot and he did a great job. His bedside manner is wonderful; he is caring; listens to you and tells you exactly what the problem is and how it needs to be fixed. I trust him 100%. His PA, Jodie, is great too. I live in Houston now and still drive to Carrollton to see him when I am having foot issues. I will not let anyone else go near my foot. I highly recommend him....

talks fast. take notes. Great surgeon.

Best surgeon on the planet

I did not learn that Dr. Heier taught all over the world on total ankle replacements. i figured those guys were not accessible, but he is. I broke my ankle in a motorcycle crash when I was 18, that turned into a long term nightmare. By the time I was 28, I lost almost all of the muscle and was walking with a steady limp. He spent over 1 hour with me in my initial consultation and we discussed a long term plan. It was not until the very end that we decided on total ankle replacement. It has been 6 months since surgery and my life is back! I love this man, and I am stronger than ever and now working on muscles I could never get to so I can fix my posture.

Ankle Replacement was a Breeze

First of all the total ankle replacement surgery was an incredible relief for me. I had bone on bone arthritis at 65 from an old college injury and had no ankle mobility, severe pain, and could only walk with a bad limp and and a cane. Full post surgery recuperation with rehabilitation therapy took no more than the 3 months Dr Heier indicated. I was actually back in my office half days in about 3 weeks. The pain relief from the joint was immediately noticeable, but there was residual pain from the incision from the incision which was well controlled with proper pain medication. This is a serious, major surgery, so it was no walk in the park at first but the Doctor and his staff and his therapist got me up and moving and flexible and pain free in a very reasonable time. I now have more mobility in my ankle than I have had since my old accident. Dr. Heier was very communicative and responsive throughout the process. I would use him again in a heartbeat, of course I hope I don't need to.

Dr. Heier performs a simple 20 min. surgery with 2 week recover on my hammertoe. I ened up having 5 surguries, one 7 day stay on the hospital, blood clots, toeanils falling off all due to his neglect. I still can't put pressure on my foot, it hurts constantly and the hammertoe was not repaired. None of my toes bend anymore. I have a knot on the bottom of my toe taht had to be ground off often. I would never recommend him to a skunk!! Two people where I go to church used him & both are now seeing other doctors for repair to his botched surgeries. DON'T RISK YOUR HEALTH TO DR. KEITH HEIER.

Dr Keith Heier is very professional and has a wonderful bedside manner.

disgusted

skills do NOT match his reputation

Dr. Keith A Heier is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Carrollton, TX.