Have you seen Dr. Keith J Kowalczyk?

Young urologic surgeons possess a special virtue: the've trained from the start in new and evolving robotic techniques that reduce the pain and side effectsof prostate cancer surgery. Dr. K brings an additional advantage: he trained, and has written several papers with, a national leader in nerve-sparing surgical techniques, Dr.Jim Hu. This unsolicited testimonial for Dr. K, along with the suggestion that you google both surgeons, is in gratitude for a recovery from prostate removal that proved faster, easier and more complete than I'd ever expected.

Not great experience

Dr. Kowalczyk wasn't exactly rude, but he came off as somewhat arrogant. He didn't appear to listen very attentively, and a few times he contradicted me even though I was talking about my own experiences. To be honest, I was relieved when the appointment was over. When I later had a followup question/concern, I had difficulty getting anyone from his office to get back to me; I believe it took three calls. I would not return to this doctor.

Great Doctor; Tough Case

I was referred to Dr. Kowalczyk by a family friend who highly recommended him, and I was not disappointed by choosing him as my urologist. While I still need treatment and my case is difficult to treat, he very successfully, accurately and very quickly correctly diagnosed my condition after being severely ill for many months. Before being seen by Dr. Kowalczyk, I had sought treatment twice, and my condition was misdiagnosed both times. I am not a medical doctor, but I am a pre-doctoral student/healthcare provider. What bothered me more than the illness itself, was not knowing what the exact diagnosis was. Dr. Kowalczyk was able to diagnose my condition literally instantly (and when I say literally, I mean LITERALLY). I was so happy and relieved, but so surprised I immediately pulled out my trusty pathology textbook after my first appointment and confirmed that his diagnosis and recommended treatment were straight out of the textbook. I strongly believe that he sincerely cares about my case and my well-being, and I think he has provided me with the best possible treatment options concerning my condition. Because of the difficulty of my case, I sought a second and third opinion, only for them to be almost identical to his his (and that of the textbook). My only two problems with seeing him are very minor, but they are: 1. He is kind of a fast-talker. I personally can follow him somewhat easily because I am much more familiar with medicine than the average patient. I think he has a lot of energy, which is a very desirable trait in his line of work. 2. I cannot for the life of me spell his last name. Then again, I have a hard time spelling a lot of simple English words... meh... Additionally the staff that work with him are excellent, and have responded to my communications fairly promptly. I felt that the first appointment was scheduled on a date that was a bit later than I like, but it was actually the closest compared to any other urologist I contacted. However, setting up follow-up appointments afterwards may be the easiest I have ever experienced compared to any other doctor I have seen in the past. I don't remember exact wait times at his office at Georgetown U. Hospital, but they are fairly short. I personally highly recommend him as a urologist.

Caring and competent Doc!

Incredible bedside manner that made me immediately comforted and reassured. I was very nervous about my condition, but he made me feel at ease and gave me a very in depth explanation of my disease and prognosis that comforted me and let me understand fully what was going on. Provided excellent care before, during, and after surgery. Recovery better than expected! I could not recommend more.

I am sorry to see that anyone had a bad experience with Dr. Kowalczyk, but I have nothing but good to say about him. I had a very complicated cancer that some did not think could be operated on. Dr. Kowalczyk was able to do this and although recovery was difficult (as he predicted it would be), I am just about back to full recovery. He visited me every day in the hospital and every visit brought my spirits up. I thank him for everything and recommend him to all.

Excellent, Friendly Doctor

It is rare to find a doctor who truly listens to you and thoroughly explains their thoughts and conclusions regarding your health. Dr. Kowalczyk does this. He diagnosed and treated my cancer, and I am doing great thanks to him. I have made friends with some of his other patients who all have the same regard for him that I do. Highly Recommended.

Painful experience

Dr. Keith J Kowalczyk is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Washington, DC.

Dr. Keith J Kowalczyk Is this you?