Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Keith D Munson has the following 2 specialties
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Abdominal Pain
- Colorectal Cancer
- Rectal Bleeding
- Colon Cancer
- Bowel Resection
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Munson saved my life. He was to do a 2 hour procedure to remove cancer. He spent 6 hours picking out cancer. He is an excellent Surgeon and does not give up. He is a Navy man and may not be warm and fuzzy at times....but he does care and worry about his patients. If I ever need more surgery I will go to Dr. Munson. He is really the very best!!!
He may have "good hands", i.e., have good technical/surgical skills, but he's not capable of diagnosing postoperative complications. After an excisional hemorrhoidectomy performed by Dr. Munson, I developed Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. He failed to diagnose the condition. I had to see another colo-rectal surgeon to be properly diagnosed.
Staff were pleasantly, wonderful, taking their time & showing concern ... Dr. Munsun on the other hand though I think Dr. knows his material, is very rude & gruff with his bedside manner, like at the snap of his finger wants answers without letting you completely finishing your answer ... SNAP, SNAP, SNAP ... Rush to get to answers! And he doesn't completely inform you before preforming procedures. Doesn't ask or give you any time to ask your questions ... completely rushed! Not the caring type of Dr. that I'm used to.
Having worked at a regional hospital for 22 years, I was quite impressed with Dr. Munson in operating on my husband in March, 2011. He is open and direct with what he anticipates surgically and attentive in answering questions and concerns. He placed my husband in the PCU unit, the perfect choice for detailed monitoring and superb care during his 4-day stay. We are fortunate to have found Dr. Munson and highly recommend him.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
37 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Keith D Munson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJefferson Surgical Clinic, 1234 Franklin Rd SW, Roanoke, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Keith D Munson in this video.
Dr. Keith D Munson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.