Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Keith Martin
Dr. Keith Martin, MD, FACOG is a Doctor primarily located in Freeport, IL. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Hospice and Palliative Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Martin is affiliated with The Monroe Clinic Inc, Aurora Medical Center of Washington County and Fhn Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Keith Martin has the following 2 specialties
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 11
I have had Dr.Martin for my obgyn for the two times ive been pregnant he really is the best Dr. for that! Hes very respectful and he really cares for his patients!! I never wanted a male doctor when i got pregnant with my first daughter because of the exams and everything but after i met Dr. Martin and had him i felt very comfortable with him that is why i went back to him for my second daughter as well I love that he always shows me respect! He shows that he actually cares for his patients! He has one of the best personalities he always makes me laugh and i feel really comfortable with him when i see him! I would recommend him for any patient in this area because he will respect your wishes and he will help you through your pregnancy! I will continue to go to him for my other pregnancy's because i feel so comfortable with him
I have been going to Doctor Martin for the past 7 years and he is the best doctor that I have come across that is on top of new techniques and advanced care options. He is patient and kind and he treats all of my friends and coworkers. I would follow him anywhere.
Dr. Martin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Monroe Clinic Inc
Aurora Medical Center of Washington County
Fhn Memorial Hospital
Monroe Clinic Hospital
25 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1988
Oakwood Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Keith Martin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions3103 W Kunkle Blvd, Freeport, IL
Dr. Keith Martin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Freeport, IL.