Dr. Keith Raskin Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Keith Raskin?

A Man for All Seasons

Posted on December 5th, 2017

Dr. Raskin has treated every member of our family. As a high school baseball catcher and soccer goalie, our younger son sustained multiple sports-related injuries over the years and received prompt and excellent care. Dr. Raskin has treated each of the other members of our family, including our housekeeper. Even in the case of non-hand-related injuries, we turn immediately for a recommendation to Dr. Raskin's Office. The reply is always prompt and on the mark. He's just plain terrific--a fine surgeon and a caring and knowledgeable doctor.

Severe Hand Injury inolving Flexor Tendon & Nerves

Posted on November 30th, 2017

Dr. Raskin is hands down, the best surgeon a patient can ever ask for. He saved my hand! Earlier this year I suffered a laceration across 3 digits on my hand while cleaning my shed in Colorado. No big deal, right? I figured I will just go to the ER and get it stitched up and go about my day. I could not be more wrong!!! I get to the ER and they do a quick x-ray and determine that I tore a tendon. Just one. They suggested a I stitch it up and get physical therapy. After being discharged I realized that something was terribly wrong, I could not move any of my fingers. I was referred to Dr. Raskin and was squeezed in for an appointment right away. I flew out the next morning and met with Dr. Raskin who was able to determine within minutes that my injury was more severe than what I was told. I had a severe hand injury involving my flexor tendons and nerves. What did this mean? It meant that if I listened to my first diagnosis, I would not have full function of my dominant hand. I would not be able to make a fist, grab a cup of coffee, walk my dog or do any of the recreational sports that I love. I wouldn’t be able to do simple things I took for granted on a daily basis. I was devastated. On top of my injury I had no insurance and feared he wouldn’t be able to help me but the office manager Yazmin worked out a deal and payment plan with me. Dr. Raskin performed a flexor tendon and nerve repair with the assistance of his marvelous PA Ashley. Within weeks of my surgery I was able to use my hand and within two months of my surgery I was able to make a fist and ride my dirt bike! He is a true miracle worker. Dr. Raskin is an extremely skilled surgeon, who not only creates miracles but has a truly caring personality. He has excellent bed side manners and takes time with his patients. On top of being a Rockstar Surgeon he also has an outstanding team. From his front desk, to his manager Yazmin, his PA Ashley, his xray techs and state of the art surgical facility. I can not thank them enough for all of their help and kindness. Take it from a guy who flew across the country for his surgery with a life altering injury and no insurance, you will not have better results or care from anyone other than Dr. Raskin and his staff.

I have regained full motion, strength and ability.

Posted on November 29th, 2017

I have worked with Dr. Raskin for 12 years, witnessing the miracles he performs on his patients. I never thought that I would also be one of those patients. Last year around this time I had a severe fracture of my forearm. Dr. Raskin, with the assistance of our wonderful PA, Ashley Madsen, literally pieced my arm back together again performing an ORIF. I have regained full motion, strength and ability. THANK YOU to my boss and surgeon!!!

Best Doctor in NYC

Posted on November 28th, 2017

by far and a way the best hand specialist in nyc. Dr. Raskin did surgery on my finger and it healed to perfection. During the entire process both Dr. Raskin and his friendly staff gave me the step by step to full recovery.

He is the One

Posted on July 18th, 2017

last feb,. my then 14 year-old boy started to have pain in his right wrist, with no obvious injury, and with rest, pain med, he did not get any better but worse. after second mri in july, he was diagnosed with kienbock's disease and was put in cast. we were graciously recommended by our dr. to look for a more experienced surgeon for this condition. so from then and there, my family started a very long, hard and draining journey for a trustworthy surgeon to operate on my son for this rare but serious condition, esp. in a teenager. we covered pretty much all the renowned pediatric orthopedic facility on the east coast, including boston children's hospital, children's hospital of philadelphia, hss in nyc, and met with top pediatric orthopedics. unfortunately, each dr. had his own understanding of the condition and no two came up with the same surgery plan and none sounded even close to being assuring for his own plan. at one point we were told to go back and wait till the condition got worse enough for the very aggressive surgery at the next level. meanwhile my son, a very athletic kid and a competitive baseball player, was wearing the case from elbow down ( from the diagnosis in july till surgery in dec). frustration, exhaustion, desperation, helplessness, financial burden, missing school....all that doesnot even begin to describe what we went through.... untill in nov., right before thanksgiving, i was sitting in front of my computer, having exhausted all resources and feeling desperate, not knowing where to go next, when i got a phone call from dr. raskin's office that changed everything!! in no time, i found myself sitting with my son and dr. raskin in his office, settling down on his least aggressive, most assuring and convincing surgery plan with best postoperative prospect. dr. raskin, is god-sent!! he is very kind, patient, personable, understanding, warm. his office feels like a living room at a friend's house, very relaxing and welcoming. his assistant and staffs are very patient and attentive. above all this, dr. raskin is proved to be and stays as an experienced, top-notch surgeon in his field. in april this year, four months after the surgery, my son was cleared for sports and nowadays, he is pitching and in-fielding for baseball and dunking on basketball court. my family cant never thank dr. raskin enough!!

An incredible orthopedic surgeon

Posted on July 9th, 2017

After he was recommended to me by two different doctors, I had my first surgery with Dr. Raskin several years ago to treat trigger fingers on my left hand. The surgery went perfectly, and my recovery was quick and complete. Then, when my many years of martial arts and intense physical activities had clearly taken their toll, I returned to Dr. Raskin with severe basal thumb arthritis in both hands. Three years ago I had the left thumb done. One year ago I had the right thumb done - with trigger-finger surgery, as well. Treating such severe basal thumb arthritis requires joint-reconstruction surgery, an extremely complex and intricate surgery. Each time, Dr. Raskin did phenomenal work, including repairing surrounding tissues in the wrist that had been damaged by the arthritic joint. Following my physical therapy regimens, I was determined to regain all of my joint strength and functioning – which I did. And this would not have been possible without the technical precision and artistry of Dr. Raskin. I’ve returned to my full weight-training routines, including those for my wrists. And as an avid photographer, musician, and someone who enjoys a variety of crafts, I feel that Dr. Raskin essentially gave my life back to me. He loves his work, and he loves his patients, seeing each as a full human being. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t also mention his incredible PA, Ashely Madsen. Combining tremendous knowledge, empathy, and positivity, she’s always there, every step of the way. Day or night, if you have any concerns, she returns e-mails and calls, explaining everything fully and ensuring any necessary steps are taken. I cannot recommend Dr. Raskin and his team highly enough.

ONE OF THE BEST IN NEW YORK

Posted on April 4th, 2017

passionate love of the surgery that he performs with a wonderful attention to his patients

Posted on November 16th, 2016

Dr. Raskin is a gifted surgeon who successfully performed complicated surgery on my wrist. He has a very warm bedside manner, is patient, and explains the necessary procedures very well. His PA, Ashley Madsen, responds to all questions by phone or email before and after the surgery and is extremely competent, caring and helpful. They make a great team. I highly recommend Dr. Raskin. He is the best!

Great Team!!

Posted on October 26th, 2016

Dr. Raskin and his PA, Ashley Madsen, are AMAZING. Excellent team, from his office to his surgery center. Dr. Raskin's skill is unmatched and Ashley's ability to explain and always be available for my questions is a rare thing to find in a surgeon's office. I recommend Dr. Raskin with all of my heart.

Truly Exceptional

Posted on September 22nd, 2016

I hurt my wrist playing ice hockey and consulted 5 of the top hand surgeons in NYC. I selected Dr Raskin because of his attentive approach to the specific details of my injury, his experience with this particular surgery (SL tear) and his incredible balance of confidence and bedside manner - which is rare in my experience with specialists. I should mention that I tried PT before the surgery and my physical therapist recommended Dr Raskin based on the surgical results he saw in his patients. Dr Raskin took time to comprehensively explain the injury, the surgery, the recovery and the outcome I could expect. The general prognosis for my injury was not good and put at risk my ability to play ice hockey, workout and play golf. I am thrilled to report that Dr Raskin did an exceptional surgical repair and I am back to all of my athletic activities in record time, with no pain and a range of motion that exceeded the expectation of every other surgeon I consulted. Additionally, his staff (his PA, Ashley in particular) delivered amazing care and a truly exceptional patient experience. Don't think twice...Dr Raskin and his staff are the best!

Miracle MD!!!

Posted on September 21st, 2016

Dr. Raskin saved my hand and gave me back my life. He is not just a brilliant and gifted MD, he is a kind and humane person with a great bedside manner and sense of humor. The only downside is his PA Ashley, who you do not want to catch on a bad day :(

Posted on April 30th, 2016

There is no other hand surgeon like Dr. Keith Raskin! He has given my son his life back. After a devastating injury causing severe neurologic damage, Dr. Raskin was able to operate and restore his function completely. Not only is Dr. Raskin a magnificent surgeon but he has a bedside manner to match. His PA, Ashley Madsen, has a heart of gold and was always there for us during this devastating time. Every call, email, question or concern, Ashley was always willing to listen and put us at ease, and not to mention she makes the best casts. I cannot express my gratitude enough. Dr. Raskin's entire office, from the front desk to his office manager, xray techs and surgical center.... i couldn't have asked for a better team of professionals to take care of my child. If you have the opportunity to go to Dr. Raskin, I implore you to do so. Don't gamble on your health.