Dr. L Routh Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. L Routh?

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

After waiting a long time in the waiting area (par for the course in any Dr.'s office on my opinion) a nurse took me back to a patient room to take my vitals, she then took me to a different patient room and told me the Dr. would be with me shortly, and then shut the door. I was left waiting 30 minutes. I had to go out to the nurse's station to tell them that I'd been waiting to see the Dr., my appointment was at 2, it was already after 3. They got Dr. Routh. I asked about my out of pocket expense and they medical assistant said she wasn't sure and would have to call me back with that information. I had to make a separate appointment for an EKG. When they called back to confirm my EKG appointment, the medical assistant told me how much I would have to pay and that I could set up a payment plan of needed. I did need to, she then informed me I would need to make my first payment at the time of my appointment or else I couldn't get the test done. i.e. "We know you may have a heart problem but unless you pay us something right now we're not going to treat you." I had to scrounge for money to pay for that appointment and when the nurse called me back, she never told me her name, she just said follow me. The EKG tech just led me to the patient room, gave me instructions to change into a gown and lay on the table. When she came back in, she only spoke to me to tell me that the gel and monitor stickers would be cold. The tech then proceeded with the test in complete silence and a constant blank stare. When she was done, she handed me a towel, told me to get dressed and that when I was done to come out of the room and she show me the way out. Her version of showing me out was pointing down the long hall telling me, "see that sign, the exit is to the right." The medical assistant behind the counter said we were square and that I could go. I told her I was under the impression that I would speak to the Dr. about my holter monitor results (that I was outfitted with from the first appointment) "The Dr.'s notes indicates that your appointment was just for the test, if you needed an appointment I would've made you one, she replied. I asked about making a follow up appointment to talk with the Dr. about my test results. She said that Dr. Routh would review all my results and call me back. "He'll just call me to discuss my results?" She replied "Well, he'll review your test results and then one of the medical assistants will call you back." Bottom line: This Dr.'s bedside manner is lacking to the point of being non-existent, and it's clear this office is more concerned about it's bottom line more than whether or not you flat-line.

Scared

Posted on June 23rd, 2014

Bad bedside manner and left both my wife and I fearful about the procedure. His partner Dr Franle eased our concerns. This is an indictment not of his medical ability but if his professionalism and bedside manner.

Best Doctor Ever

Posted on October 16th, 2009

Dr. Routh is an amazing doctor to say the least. He greeted me in a very kind and caring manner. He listened to me and was patient with all my questions. Dr. Routh consistently makes sure I have all the knowledge I need to take good care of my heart. I look forward to going to his office and greeted by his wonderful staff. Thank you Dr. Routh for being such a comfort whenever I enter your office.

Posted on September 20th, 2017