Dr. Keith E Sommers Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Keith E Sommers?

BRILLIANT

SAved my life. Diagnosed w lung cancer BUT IT WASNT and he caught it. I had an extremely rare pulmonary amyloidoma. Lower left lobe had to go, but I'm approaching year four completely clear. He was coming to Leesburg monthly to meet with new clients/patients. I had the surgery in Tampa. Would NEVER EVER do it any differently. He is also a brilliant cardiologist. If he cannot handle your case, he knows many wonderful Docs and will refer.

Unethical

Dr. Sommers performed a lobectomy on my father who has lung cancer. After the surgery was complete Dr. Sommers spent 90 seconds explaining how it went to me. I never saw him again. Instead, he sent in his NP, Jessica Bauman, who was not only rude but didn’t explain anything either. It took them over a week to get back to us with the results. At that time, they confirmed that the lung cancer was small cell, an aggressive form of cancer. My father later met with an oncologist and she revealed that small cell lung cancer should NEVER be operated on and can actually be detrimental to his treatment. Dr. Sommers should have never operated without knowing what type of cancer we were dealing with. I'm sure knowing that he was paid handsomely and can feed his ego with another surgery under his belt helps him sleep at night though. Completely unethical.

Horrible experience!

Never followed up after surgery even when patient had not been released from the hospital. Terrible bedside manor basically said I wash my hands my part is done.

Excellent Thoracic Surgeon

I had a thymectomy using the Davinchi robot with Dr Sommers. He removed my thymus that contained a bad parathyroid gland that had been causing me years of grief. I had 3 tiny incisions that look great only 7 weeks later. I was so scared to have chest surgery but it was a very easy recovery compared to some other surgeries I have had previously. I was out in my yard pulling weeds 2 weeks after my surgery. I needed no pain pills after 7 days. I am now exercising and feel great! Dr Sommers has a wonderful bedside manner and is very friendly. His office staff was great too. I highly recommend him!

Thank you!!!

My mother had a lobectomy in 2010, thankfully we found Dr. Sommers, he is, hands down, the absolute most fantastic surgeon ever! He is compassionate, explains all possible outcomes thoroughly with an exceptional bedside manner. Unfortunate for Moffitt that he is no longer with them, however, I am happy to see he is still in the area. His team was fabulous as well. Joe Garret, is exceptional, and just as knowledgable. Hope to see them together again. Highly recommend him, and willing to bet he is the best in Florida, if not the entire country. Thank you for saving my mom! :) she is doing awesome!

I feel very blessed to have been put in contact with Dr. Sommers. He is a very csring and gifted surgeon. I truly believe he saved my life. On a scale of 1 - 5, to rate my experience would be a 10.

My goal was to find the best surgeon in central Florida. My oncologist strongly recommended Dr. Keith Sommers in Tampa. My family and I were very impressed with Dr. Sommers and Kathy. His laparoscopic surgery was very easy on me. I had a fast recovery and am doing great. I did find the best surgeon in central Florida!

Five star plus

A five star plus rating would not be enough to rate Dr. K. Sommers and his staff while i was under their care for lung surgery. God bless Dr. K. Sommers and his team.

5 Stars

Dr. Sommers performed an upper right lung lobectomy for me because I had cancer. At his office, his examination was thorough. He listened to my concerns and provided answers to my questions. He is compassionate and caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Sommers to anyone who needs lung surgery. He is an excellent doctor/surgeon. P.S. His staff is excellent also!

5 Star. Would recommend w/o reservation. Fast healing, minimal pain using robot. Kind,caring doc & nurse made process less scary.

Dr. Sommers was very thorough and compassionate and did a marvelous surgery. He's what every doctor should be and his staff & asst. Kathy was great. They put thier patients at ease and explain everything. Thanks and kudos to then. They are compassionate and wonderful.

This is most definitely a 5-star rated evaluation. Dr. Sommers and staff, Kathy, and Suzie deserve accolades for their professional, forthright, yet empathetic treatment of me, and the consideration given to my family. Dr. Sommers and Kathy welcomed and took the all the time necessary to elaborate on the procedure for the removal of a cancer mass in a lobe of my lung. Everybody considered me extremely fortunate to have found Dr. Sommers. The Da Vinci Robotic Surgery Technique was used with Dr. Sommers at the helm, and it seemed like an absolute miracle compared to the way a lobectomy use to be done! Both the pain and recovery time seem considerably minimal. Plus every step of the way Dr. Sommers and Kathy had only positive encouragement without ever minimizing the severity of the need for removal of the cancer, and the outcomes. I am forever grateful to Dr. Sommers and staff!