The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Keith B Whitmer has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Mohs Surgery (Dermatological Surgery)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Whitmer barely acknowlegded me when he came into the room. He did a cursory exam and I pointed out the pathology on my arm. He scheduled me for surgery after doing a shave biopsy. The day of surgery, once again he barely acknowledged me. His surgical technique was terrible. I had a 2 cm lesion on my arm and he made an 8 cm elliptical incison that left a huge scar on my arm because of his closure technique which was substandard. He shouldn't be doing surgery. I have experience doing surgery and his technical skill is substandard at best. DO NOT USE THIS PHYSICIAN, HE IS INCOMPETANT AT SURGERY.
I went to Dr. Whitmer for several years after Dr. Aulisio got too busy to be responsive. Dr. Whitmer looked at two different "suspicious" places and said both were fine. Both within months were biopsied at Shands and turned out to be squamous cell carcinoma. I imagine they misdiagnose occasionally but two in one year on the same patient?
Dr. Whitmer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Keith B Whitmer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsGainesville Dermatology & Skin Surgery, 114 NW 76th Dr, Gainesville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Keith B Whitmer in this video.
Dr. Keith B Whitmer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gainesville, FL.