Dr. Keith B Whitmer Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Keith B Whitmer?

Complete jerk. See anyone in the office but this guy.

Dr. Whitmer barely acknowlegded me when he came into the room. He did a cursory exam and I pointed out the pathology on my arm. He scheduled me for surgery after doing a shave biopsy. The day of surgery, once again he barely acknowledged me. His surgical technique was terrible. I had a 2 cm lesion on my arm and he made an 8 cm elliptical incison that left a huge scar on my arm because of his closure technique which was substandard. He shouldn't be doing surgery. I have experience doing surgery and his technical skill is substandard at best. DO NOT USE THIS PHYSICIAN, HE IS INCOMPETANT AT SURGERY.

Misdiagnosis

I went to Dr. Whitmer for several years after Dr. Aulisio got too busy to be responsive. Dr. Whitmer looked at two different "suspicious" places and said both were fine. Both within months were biopsied at Shands and turned out to be squamous cell carcinoma. I imagine they misdiagnose occasionally but two in one year on the same patient?

Moles

Staff is very friendly. Dr. Whitmer was very nice and considerate. He answered all my questions and concerns I had about my moles. Two moles were removed during the visit. He explained why and how they were going to be removed. I would recommend this office to everyone!

Excellent doctor. Well run office.

totally ineffectual, ridiculously expensive

Cost nearly $500 for "removal" of two bumps, took about 20 seconds worth of effort on his part and guess what: I still have both bumps. This guy obviously does not give a flip about fixing people's skin problems but he charges up the yin yang. I'd avoid him to the fullest possible extent. Lowest possible rating. The scale does not go to minus infinity but that's what I'd give him.

I wouldn't want my family seeing this Doctor. He doesn't in my mind know medicine.

TERRIBLE

His misdiagnosis one of the worst experiences I've ever dealt with. I am not the only one

Pleasant experience

Knowledgeable doctor with good bedside manner.