Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kellee R Clougherty has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I brought my 8 year old daughter in for an ADHD evaluation, as the school counselor suggested my daughter may had adhd. I found Dr Clougherty to be very thorough in her evaluation. She spent a lot of time with us before the appointment over the phone, and then a lot of time both with me and with our daughter. We are considering medication, but she went over all our options, risks vs benefits and how it would benefit my daughter. I found her helpful and beneficial
I saw Dr Clougherty for depression and anxiety. I have had terrific results with the medication and Therapy. I find her courteous, conscientious, compassionate, and thoughtful. I had some slight stomach upset with the meds in the beginning, and she got me in the same day to discuss my care. I'm doing great thanks to Dr Clougherty.
Don't make the same painful mistake my family made. I thought all physicians got poor ratings posted about them...but the stern cautions voiced here could have saved us great anguish. We trusted Dr. Kellee Clougherty with the care of our teenager struggling with depression. Our 8 visit experience was so detrimental, I am compelled to share here the sternest of warnings! This psychiatrist was unprofessional, impatient, rude, superficial, disconnected and self-serving. Her real concern was only felt when we left. Even if Dr. Clougherty is the ONLY adolescent psychiatrist on your health plan, go out-of-network before wasting your time with this one!
I have been seeing Dr Clougherty for over a year now, and must say that she is at the top of her game.Not only did she get me off the medication that was causing me numerous problems, but she has been the one that has caused me to be much more in control of my life. Her practice is busy, and she has rules about cancellations. She has to! if you follow the rules that she outlines for her office, all will be good!
26 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
University Of California At Davis
Dr. Kellee R Clougherty accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kellee R Clougherty is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Laguna Niguel, CA.