Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kelley E White
Dr. Kelley E White, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. White is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital, Bon Secours St Marys Hospital and Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest. She speaks English.
Dr. Kelley E White has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. White has been my PCP for nearly 11 years. She has been a wonderful partner in my healthcare. I think "partner" is an apt word to use because she approaches treatment as a real partnership between the doctor and the patient. She's very knowledgeable and stays up to date on treatments. She's personable and easy to talk to. When I have a problem that needs to be addressed by a specialist, she makes excellent recommendations about who I should see. She and her staff are attentive and responsive. When I send a message via the practice's patient portal, she usually responds in 24 hours or less, even on a weekend. I couldn't ask for a better doctor and I recommend her highly.
Patient is a just another commodity. As you speak to her she merely inputs your comments into the computer. She is interested in filling prescriptions for products she is interested in. Mechanical in approach. You may wait 5 mins in the waiting room then up to 25 minutes in the exam room. It is all about effiency but there is no interest in the patient's issues. She sees things very black and white, there is no gray in her world. Very disappointing.
Do not choose this practice as your primary care physicians. You can NEVER get an appointment without waiting months. If you are sick they NEVER have sick patient appointments so you will end up going to Patient First as your primary care physicians. In spite of this they are always soliciting and accepting new patients when they can't even service the patients they have. Most importantly, they don't care when this was pointed out to them.
Dr. White is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Kelley E White accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest End Internal Medicine, 7001 Forest Ave Ste 2500, Richmond, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kelley E White in this video.
Dr. Kelley E White is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.