Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kelli Lewis has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I came to the Emergency room and informed them that I needed help and medication, but that I had no job, no insurance and no way to pay. I was assured by the staff that this would not be an issue and that Good Samaritan Medical Center had resources to help me including charity, and that money was not an issue. Kelli Lewis was the doctor on duty. She refused to see me even when I disagreed with the "treatment" which was non-existant. Even though I was basically held hostage there for several hours, and the ER was practically dead, she refused to see me. I never saw a Doctor, never received any medication and basically received no help. The staff wanted to put me through their usual routine and put an IV in me and take a lot of tests. I told them that I had no money, did not need an IV, and did not need any tests. I was assured that the Good Samaritan Hospital would help me since I was unemployed and not to worry about the costs. After much coercion, I did submit to a blood test of some sort. I think the Psychologist told me the blood tests were needed to make sure there would not be an issue with medication. The results came back negative, and he still would not prescribe me any medication. It seems to me he just wanted to put me through needless billable routine. He also kept leaving for extended periods of time, saying he would be right back and I was basically held hostage for about four hours just sitting in a gown. I finally got to leave with no medication, which is why I came there to begin with. As you can imagine, I was shocked to get a bill for $4253, and then a bill from Dr. Kelli Lewis, who never even bothered to see me. I was in disagreement with the psychologistâs decision to not prescribe medication, yet the doctor never would even see me. The hospital was sure anxious to poke a hole in my arm and hand to administer an unnecessary IV, and blood test but refused to let me see a doctor or get a prescription for medication that I found very helpful before. I left more depressed than when I got there. Thanks Dr. Lewis!
30 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Kelli Lewis accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEmergency Service Physicians Pc, 200 Exempla Cir, Lafayette, CO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kelli Lewis in this video.
Dr. Kelli Lewis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, CO.