Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kellie M Blackwell DO
Dr. Kellie M Blackwell, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Abingdon, VA. Her specialties include Family Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Kellie M Blackwell has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kellie M Blackwell has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
If you just need someone to talk to...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kellie M Blackwell - Posted on April 10th, 2018
Poor Nursing Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kellie M Blackwell - Posted on March 23rd, 2018
I like Dr Blackwell however getting your tests results back is almost impossible. I've had to make numerous calls, then my results are left on my voice mail with a message that says if I have question to call back. When I call back, I'm told the results were left on my voice mail and I am being MAILED a letter. What ABOUT THE QUESTIONS I HAVE?
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kellie M Blackwell - Posted on February 5th, 2018
Have been seeing Dr. Kelly since I met Her in Urgent care She has been great has sent me to specialist to find out my problems I have confidence knowing She really cares and listens to HER PATIENTS and finds what they need and will refer you to someone else instead of doing what some Doctors do and guess at the problem. I highly recommend Her .
Poor diagnostic skills
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kellie M Blackwell - Posted on November 2nd, 2014
Misdiagnosed two major items and treated for misdiagnosis for a year; misdiagnosed tinctinitous as,water on the ear and infected gall bladder with gall stones as more severe back pain from existing degenerative disc disease. As well, missed comments from another doctor on an MRI she ordered,and I had to question her on it....ended up having to see a urologist and have an enlarged kidney...this wasxpotentionally very dangerous to my health and she completely missed it on the MRI report from the doctor who read the test and wrote the report. Dr. Blackwell is a nice woman who has trouble with diagnosing health issues.
Dr. Kellie M Blackwell Accepts the Following Insurance
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsALISON DAWN WHITMAN MD, 24530 Falcon Place Blvd Ste 201, Abingdon, VA
Dr. Kellie M Blackwell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Abingdon, VA.