Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kellie S Butler has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Lipid Disorders
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Preventive Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr. Butler is efficient to the point of being impatient and rude to the client. I called with follow up questions when I found out they didn't a run a test I requested, and when the doctor called me back she was condescending, rude and told me she didn't have time to talk to me (even though her office had called me).
My appointment started off rocky b/c the office staff who confirmed my appointment 3 days previous didn't have me in the system when I arrived. The staff seemed agitated and angry over the mistake but took no effort to apologize for mix up. This rude behavior took me by surprise. However, they quickly called me in which I appreciated. Then, unfortunately, I had to meet with a rushed Dr. Butler whose demeanor was somewhat aggressive and agitated as well. Since it was my first visit, I needed to discuss birth control options, STD testing and the Garnasil vaccinations along with getting a Pap which the office was aware of. When I asked questions about birth control such as What does high dosage and low dosage of hormones mean? I received a brush off from Dr. Butler saying You dont need to know what that means as she was rushing on to the next topic. Considering she was suggesting I take YAZ, a drug that is been very controversial in the media lately, I thought perhaps I did need to know more. When I asked to be STD tested since I was starting a new relationship with someone, she absolutely refused at first to order them. She said it wasnt ethical to order STD test when I had only had one other sexual partner. She eventually agreed after some argument. This concession came only due to time restraints on her end. If my insurance company is covering a test and I have concerns about my health, its confusing why my doctor wouldn't a least be open to the possiblity. The appointment only went from bad to worse once she actually started doing the examination which was very painful. I didnt have pain with my previous gynos. Dr. Butler scolded me when I started getting teary saying This should hurt that bad, its a simple examination. Sadly, I receive more patience and compassion from strangers I sit next to on the train each morning. As a patient and customer, it makes me wonder what exactly Im paying for? Ive since started with a new doctor and I would encourage all women of Chicago to avoid Dr. Butlers office.
26 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1992
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Kellie S Butler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJessica Leigh Hardesty Md, 200 S Michigan Ave Ste 1550, Chicago, IL
Dr. Kellie S Butler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.