Dr. Kellie S Butler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kellie S Butler?

Save yourself - find another doctor

Dr. Butler is efficient to the point of being impatient and rude to the client. I called with follow up questions when I found out they didn't a run a test I requested, and when the doctor called me back she was condescending, rude and told me she didn't have time to talk to me (even though her office had called me).

my experience was very good and I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.

The worst office visit I've ever had

My appointment started off rocky b/c the office staff who confirmed my appointment 3 days previous didn't have me in the system when I arrived. The staff seemed agitated and angry over the mistake but took no effort to apologize for mix up. This rude behavior took me by surprise. However, they quickly called me in which I appreciated. Then, unfortunately, I had to meet with a rushed Dr. Butler whose demeanor was somewhat aggressive and agitated as well. Since it was my first visit, I needed to discuss birth control options, STD testing and the Garnasil vaccinations along with getting a Pap which the office was aware of. When I asked questions about birth control such as What does high dosage and low dosage of hormones mean? I received a brush off from Dr. Butler saying You dont need to know what that means as she was rushing on to the next topic. Considering she was suggesting I take YAZ, a drug that is been very controversial in the media lately, I thought perhaps I did need to know more. When I asked to be STD tested since I was starting a new relationship with someone, she absolutely refused at first to order them. She said it wasnt ethical to order STD test when I had only had one other sexual partner. She eventually agreed after some argument. This concession came only due to time restraints on her end. If my insurance company is covering a test and I have concerns about my health, its confusing why my doctor wouldn't a least be open to the possiblity. The appointment only went from bad to worse once she actually started doing the examination which was very painful. I didnt have pain with my previous gynos. Dr. Butler scolded me when I started getting teary saying This should hurt that bad, its a simple examination. Sadly, I receive more patience and compassion from strangers I sit next to on the train each morning. As a patient and customer, it makes me wonder what exactly Im paying for? Ive since started with a new doctor and I would encourage all women of Chicago to avoid Dr. Butlers office.