Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kelly L Cobb has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 24
I went to Dr. Cobb years ago. Her office staff were friendly and seemed very professional. Rather than being overwhelmed by the paperwork on your medical information, I was impressed. She left no stone unturned in her questions on your present & past medical history. Rather than think she did too many tests or pushed her vitamins, as I have read in other reviews, I was happy that she would check to see if I had a deficiencies. She told me she sold vitamins, but I was not pressured to buy any. It is good to know that she does sell high quality vitamins if needed. How many other physicians have you ever been to who even bothered to check? Remember, nutrition is a very vital part of your health. The lab comes back with the report if you have any deficiencies, it up to a patient to decide to buy vitamins and where they buy them. I thought she was good back then. Guess I will try again in the future if I feel I need a competent doctor who treats the whole female....not just a piece and sends you on your way.
More expensive than other physicians, pushing vitamins and other products they are selling. Didn't feel physician cared about her patient's experiences in her office. Rudest front desk staff imaginable. Wrote her, with copies to her office manager and other staff members, explaining issue with her staff but never received a follow-up phone call or response to my letter from any of them. Would not recommend.
Dr. Cobb seems sends most patients to the Doctors Assistant. I've been misdiagnosed for over a year. Dr. Cobb does not return calls or respond to the Patient Portal messages in timely manner. Its not uncommon to either not hear back from them or for it to be over a week by the time you do. Eventually you get tired of waiting and must go to another physican. Very disappointed in the care they don't seem to have for the patients. Get a feeling this is more of a career physician than a caring physican. Length of time waiting in exam room averages about 20 minutes. Once Dr. Cobb comes in the actual visit last about 5 minutes before you are sent on your way. Wait time on return calls averages 5 days.
21 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Kelly L Cobb accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKelly L Cobb MD, 605 Silverstone Rd Ste 100, Lafayette, LA
Dr. Kelly L Cobb is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, LA.